Yet another Volume controlers and source selections

I will post more projects that was made by me :
1. Volume controller / source selector for motor potentiometer ( like Alps blue velvet ) :
-schematics
-avr atmega8515 soft
-pcb
On atmega8515 you have to write only the fuse-bit named :
" Internal RC oscillator 8Mhz "

Attachments

• atmega8515_motor_pot.GIF
    atmega8515_motor_pot.GIF
    55.1 KB · Views: 20,975
  • FP REV 9 A.JPG
    FP REV 9 A.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 20,299
  • IS REV 4 A.JPG
    IS REV 4 A.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 18,617
  • PSU REV B.JPG
    PSU REV B.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 18,187
  • lcd_m8515_v_1_5_ons.zip
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,946
Projetc nr.3

3. Control and audio select with relay and r2r volume
- volume with quality MELF resistors for r2r or shunt adjusting
- infrared remote control in the stop / start amplifier
- selection from 4 sources of signal relays
- version Display with LED or LCD display as it wants ( depending on board will possible planting to serve both variants )

Attachments

• Schema Volume controller ver1.0_2009.zip
    246.2 KB · Views: 2,654
  • sch_control & display.pdf
    42.8 KB · Views: 2,317
  • sch_encoder & pushbutton.pdf
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,758
  • sch_supply & relays.pdf
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,773
4 . This project was made by me for a friend who buy from ebay a kit like this :
http://forum.analogmetric.com/viewthread.php?tid=349&pid=421&page=1&extra=page=1
but did not work at all !
So I write the software for this kit . I post here for everyone who want to use .
Atenttion : I have remove the AT89C2051 ( look at the old schematic ) from that pcb and replace with ATTINY2313 ( look at the new slightly modified schematics) which is more modern micro controller .

Attachments

• ctrl_attiny2313.JPG
    ctrl_attiny2313.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 6,750
  • ATTINY2313_ALPS_1.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 950
  • ALPS Remote Control Schematic_old.gif
    ALPS Remote Control Schematic_old.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 4,882
Last edited:
Neat. I was thinking about remote controls a bit lately, and thought something like this might integrate really easily with a "lightspeed" style attenuator using LDRs controlled by the micro controller. Seems trivial to control the brightness of an LED via the voltage on a pin.

And while you are at it, you could configure each input to "remember" it's previous volume setting.

Just some ideas I wanted to share since I will probably never build my own remote controlled preamp :)

jsn

Neat. I was thinking about remote controls a bit lately, and thought something like this might integrate really easily with a "lightspeed" style attenuator using LDRs controlled by the micro controller. Seems trivial to control the brightness of an LED via the voltage on a pin.

And while you are at it, you could configure each input to "remember" it's previous volume setting.

Just some ideas I wanted to share since I will probably never build my own remote controlled preamp :)

jsn
Thanks for your thoughts man !
I have also tried an write soft for all variant include the not so hi-fi IC like : TDA7813 and associate.
But nothing like only resistor attenuator !

"Hello Danzup,

I would like to ask a question and I hope I'm not OT cause I've been OT in the "Ebay Hdam module" thread.

Does your relay based ATT suffer from audible click in the speaker ( not the relay) ?

Cause I have a similar ATT I bought off ebay, And It has audible on the speaker click at only 2 points in its attenuation range. "

I give here the answer : no there are not such click or pop in speakers in my resistor r2r or shunt type volume .
Because everything is done properly in soft and in pcb layout of the volume controller .
Every up or down in volume attenuation is done in software by switching to max attenuation (mute ) for 2.... 6 ms (depending on the relay parameters !!! every type of relay have different time for settle ) and then applying the new value .
Ok ?

Last edited:
"Hello Danzup,

I would like to ask a question and I hope I'm not OT cause I've been OT in the "Ebay Hdam module" thread.

Does your relay based ATT suffer from audible click in the speaker ( not the relay) ?

Cause I have a similar ATT I bought off ebay, And It has audible on the speaker click at only 2 points in its attenuation range. "

I give here the answer : no there are not such click or pop in speakers in my resistor r2r or shunt type volume .
Because everything is done properly in soft and in pcb layout of the volume controller .
Every up or down in volume attenuation is done in software by switching to max attenuation (mute ) for 2.... 6 ms (depending on the relay parameters !!! every type of relay have different time for settle ) and then applying the new value .
Ok ?

First of all, thank you , and I want to apologize if I make a stupid question.

This is the stupid question: So you mean to say that your ATT will momentarily mute in between relay transition?

First of all, thank you , and I want to apologize if I make a stupid question.

This is the stupid question: So you mean to say that your ATT will momentarily mute in between relay transition?

Yes !
This is what i have explained to you !

And if your kit purchased from e-bay is with atmel atmega I will write for you a new software if you give me the schematics .

And another type of volume/selection controller made by me in 2005 .
Who want the soft just ask .
Used I2C port expander from Philips to command the relay PCF8574A .

Attachments

• a5j5lc.jpg
    a5j5lc.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 5,577
  • 2usjrlv.jpg
    2usjrlv.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 5,351
  • dmw7pg.png
    dmw7pg.png
    19 KB · Views: 5,279
Last edited:
soft for Pga 2310 Pga 2311 Pga4311 with 6 inputs and encoder

@Pryanick
soft for Pga 2310 Pga 2311 Pga4311 with 6 inputs and with dB attenuation on LCD
(the schematics are from Project nr. 2 )

Attachments

• pga2310_1_6_d.bas.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,124
Last edited: