Yet another Volume controlers and source selections

I'm change Waitms and nothing but increase $hwstack = 32 $swstack = 30 $framesize = 34 worse action. I check pcb and connection and all is well. Maybe some other idea?

ok,
what brands/models lcd do you use ?
some cheap lcd's can make strange chars if noice is pick'ed up
try add 2 caps 470pF
from ground to RS , and ground to E pin on the LCD display

maybe this helps you

Last edited:
Hum, finally this one is very close to the one I start building a few months ago and never finished.
Going to dig it out of retirement...
And start working on it.
Farmtech I'm going to need your help because programing is not my cup of tee.

Ric

Hi Ric ,
to help I need some info about your hardware setup of cause ,
if you don't like to publish it here send me a PM
also info on how you like to use it
menu input ect

Let me dig it out of my shed, right now I'm selling all of my amplifiers and Cd players (Ebay) to clear out some space to put a small cnc machine in it.
I still have to solder some wires for an extra push button for the menu.
Differences on mine are that I only have 4 input relays and I don't use the PGA2311.

Ric

Ok I'm quite confused now....

I was looking for a volume control and input selector solution for my dcb1. Looking essentially for highest sound quality, and had bad experience with light speed (channel imbalance). So started looking at relay/shunt based solutions...

- found the Amb lcduino and delta1/2 board, but they get quite expensive and difficult to source parts in my location (Amb don't offer a kit).
- then found vicol audio kit, which looks promising. However if I read this thread correctly, there are some minor and major issues with the software, which farmtech has tried to solve.
- now I read that farmtech is actually using a Chinese eBay volume controller (no input selection as far as I could tell)

So far i am a confuser if any of the above is a viable and stable option....

I was looking for a volume control and input selector solution for my dcb1. Looking essentially for highest sound quality, and had bad experience with light speed (channel imbalance). So started looking at relay/shunt based solutions...

- found the Amb lcduino and delta1/2 board, but they get quite expensive and difficult to source parts in my location (Amb don't offer a kit).
- then found vicol audio kit, which looks promising. However if I read this thread correctly, there are some minor and major issues with the software, which farmtech has tried to solve.
- now I read that farmtech is actually using a Chinese eBay volume controller (no input selection as far as I could tell)

Hi,
vicol audio kit works OK no problems

I was wrong by me to add info for china board here in this topic
it have nothing to do with the vicol audio kit !!!
I know that some of the users here have this china board thats why I put link here to

I only made some "custom change" to vicol audio kit software as as extra funktion thats all

so no problem to get a vicol audio kit

Last edited:

As I am the man who write the vicol-audio firmware I am stated now that there is no problems with vicol-audio firmware !!!!
And I am a bit upset by this allegations. Even in the first version firmware was working perfectly but lacking in some features .
Now we are at 3.5 version of firmware , and on the 1.3 ...1.5 version Farmtech come with some ideas / improvement / features at that time ( 3..2 years ago ) and we exchange some message about some feature that Farmtech suggest and then implemented by him by adding a lot of code for a version which at that time added vu-meter RC5 programmable IR command and text changing name of input channel .
At that time it was for me some oppening eyes as I was not aware that some user want this. Later that year i was again rewriting all the code .
Now in the last firmware ( v3.5 ) there is very little from the collaboration between me and Farmtech (only the subroutine RC5 programming remain (which replace the Bascom native RC5 function ) !!!! THX FARMTECH again for that !!!! ) as everything in firmware is written by me again and again by the years.

As now Farmtech is a dear friend of mine , i thank him for all the job is doing on this thread for tailoring and writing software in Bascom for all users that need it .
(Now I do not have the time that I was sharing for users in those years )
Hope everything is clear now ?
Ok ?
As you see there is no other link / involvement from Farmtech to / with vicol-audio, nor hiding something about this.

Last edited:
A preamp case for VICOL AUDIO R2R controller

I'm making a case for the controller i purchased from Tibi a year ago, here are some photos of my progress.

SANY0184_zps2f16c059.jpg

SANY0185_zps3e4087de.jpg

SANY0186_zpsaec671bd.jpg

SANY0187_zpsa8488c14.jpg

SANY0188_zpsbede928d.jpg

SANY0192_zpsa175c753.jpg

SANY0193_zps3cd5f4f8.jpg

The circuit already tested and working fine, I will post more photos once it's done.

Junie