Yet another Volume controlers and source selections

Congratulation !
And Pryanick : I like those MLT resistors , give so sweet sound !
Thank you:)
Right you are - for sound MLT are perfect!
danzup said:
I will post some time soft and schematics with one atmega16 with r/2r 6 relay for volume and 7 relay for bass and 7 relay for treble controller (exactly like your but extended for 7 relay each tone control : bass and treble for 0dB in the middle and -5dB, -10dB ,-15dB and +5dB , +10dB , +15dB on both ).
It was made by me in year 2007 but never posted ....
Where have you been so long:)

danzup said:

Excellent device!

Danzup,
thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and experience with us.
I decided to make your R 2R controller (post #4 sch and #36 prog), but I fell down on first step. I wanted to use DIL40 ATMega16 to avoid SMD components, but then I haven't enough pins (40 instead of 44).
Do you have solution for me (everything the same, only without SMD)?
No, I'm poor Serbian and I can't buy ready made PCB's from you, I have to do all by myself.
In any case, thank you very much again.

I apologize, now I saw the difference between PDIP and TQFP packages. No, I'm not so stupid (maybe I am), I was just too fast.
I'll inform you how my work develops.
Greetings

Never mind , I think you are just too fast ! :)
Yes , you can do on perf board the whole project , as it was my first r/2r controller and the microcontroller was the atmega16 - dip 40 , no problems about as you stay with the plans .
Good luck !

Attachments

• 2rzf2gy.jpg
    2rzf2gy.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 3,057
  • 28012009(001).jpg
    28012009(001).jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 3,000
Last edited:
Jog-Dial for r/r2

Hi danzup,

this is a very interesting thread, actually exactly what I am looking for.

I am especially interested in your project #3, i.e. r/r2, and I read most of the romanian part of it you linked to.

Would it be possible to integrate a jog dial for switching signal purposes ?

Couldn't find any info on linking the remote signal to manual inputs.

PS: You should have a PM about r/r2

Again, your work looks great!

Hi danzup,

this is a very interesting thread, actually exactly what I am looking for.

I am especially interested in your project #3, i.e. r/r2, and I read most of the romanian part of it you linked to.

Would it be possible to integrate a jog dial for switching signal purposes ?

Couldn't find any info on linking the remote signal to manual inputs.

PS: You should have a PM about r/r2

Again, your work looks great!
This how this work !
When you press Menu button you switch between Volume adjusting or Input selection
with the existing jog !
On the remote there are using Ch+ and CH- for Input selection Vol+ and Vol- for Volume adjusting , mute button , button 1 to 4 for direct selections of the input , Power on/off for remote power on/off.
On the front panel buttons work like this : press once menu -->adjust volum with jog ---> press again menu --> adjust input selection ---> and so on . Also there is a on/off button.
PS : I have received the PM , the response is here .

Last edited:
Hello, Danzup!
At first let me join my colleagues expressing here their respect for your great work, but more - for willing to share your work for free. Indeed, I also think THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD be, all over the human society, but unfortunately - we are in minority. Sorry for long preamble :)
I am going to repeat your project(PGA version), but with slight changes - going to use Atmega in QFP and PGA2310 in SOL-16 packaging, which would require PCB change. IF you have a PCB drawing for such a combo - I would appreciate getting it, if no - I would appreciate getting an editable drawing(source) of the PCB, if that's also not an option - I would develop my own (just being lazy and trying to save work - but youve' done THE WORK anyway :) ) - and will simply say you THANKS!
Man, your'e great! Keep it like this!
P.S. ... regarding your signature - believe me, there are much better tubes than 6P3S and 6N2P (however this turns to be offtopic here)! :) This particular source selector will become a bride for my new PP amp based on G-807 and 6P4S. :) Not even these tubes are the best! ;)

Hello, Danzup!
I am going to repeat your project(PGA version), but with slight changes - going to use Atmega in QFP and PGA2310 in SOL-16 packaging, which would require PCB change. IF you have a PCB drawing for such a combo - I would appreciate getting it, if no - I would appreciate getting an editable drawing(source) of the PCB, if that's also not an option - I would develop my own (just being lazy and trying to save work - but youve' done THE WORK anyway :) ) - and will simply say you THANKS!
Hello Viktor,
let me say that the majority of my project was realised on perfboard as it was more speedy that way .
All the PCB for different project was not made by me , but by a friend of mine . There are not PCB like you asked for but the other day , by request , I have urged one of my friend ( jkraxy is the nick name on diyaudio ) to do such an PCB as asked you ( it is like reading my mind ) !! But will be some time till will be over . So keep looking here for what will come .
----------------------------------------------
In the picture is a PGA2310 on perfboard :

Attachments

• 02112008(002).jpg
    02112008(002).jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 2,765
Hi danzup!
Others also complained on my I'm reading theor thoughts :)
You'd probably laugh at me, but the main reason I don't want to use perfboard for this project - is that I'm saving my available perfboards for "modeling" projects (I'm greedy to spend money at them :) ) and because otherwise I have everything available for it, so can make it without attending a shop, also making a PCB from the scratch takes me max. 2 hours - so why wouldn't I make this "as should be" from the beginning? Moreover, SMD components would require no drilling... Moreover - I've got them already :)

On the first page project nr.3 :
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/anal...ther-volume-controlers-source-selections.html
( price for : kit r/2r atmega16 / 4 input without transport to USA is 53 euro , please any other info in pm )
But if you do not like the fade and discrete mechanical sound of relay (this do not propagate to speakers ! ) this is not for you !
In path of audio signal there are only at max attenuation 6resitors and have the most transparent sound of a passive preamplifier .

Hi danzup,

haven't heard from you anymore, but I am still interested in the kit.

If you have decided not to offer them is pretty ok, I would then start the project using your PCB design... and probably be asking a lot of questions during the build time... :p

Cheers,

Max

Pcb

Now I work very slow. I spent a lot of time reading Romanian thread and I've made some PCB's for my project. Actually, seven (control board, power supply, pony prog, front board for display, LCD and pushbuttons, two boards for inputs and two boards for volume.
I understand some people need PCB's. I can't help Vict0r, but coolnose can use my design. It's not optimized because I don't work professionally. I just used halves of Euro format. I can also send design of other PCB's.
I hope in next ten days I'll have my boards completed and tested.

Attachments

• Control Board.pdf
    154.7 KB · Views: 1,070
Nevermind, dobrivoje!
Considering that danzup's friend did not post anything in reply to our requests, I also started developing boards. At first I made a copy of design of the initial board (with DIP casings) in my favourite design tool, now at the next step - I'm making a dumb conversion of the board design in this same tool to PLCC/SOIC. So far seems, that I would need to completely remake the design for this purpose, which is also not a big problem (weekend is coming). Once I'm ready, I'll also share this design (hope you okay with this, danzup?).

Nevermind, dobrivoje!
Considering that danzup's friend did not post anything in reply to our requests, I also started developing boards. At first I made a copy of design of the initial board (with DIP casings) in my favourite design tool, now at the next step - I'm making a dumb conversion of the board design in this same tool to PLCC/SOIC. So far seems, that I would need to completely remake the design for this purpose, which is also not a big problem (weekend is coming). Once I'm ready, I'll also share this design (hope you okay with this, danzup?).
Very ok !
Good luck to both Vikt0r and dobrivoje and waiting for both to post here your work !
Soon I will add an passive baxendall tone / volume control project I am working now .
Also : for everyone who make one of projects I will offer full support ( on little time I have now available ...) .

Last edited:
Pga2310 sol16 pcb

Hi
2 Vikt0r
If its not too late I can post here my PCB version under PGA2310 danzup project. But I dont use any specific soft for PCB tracing, I draw all my PCBs in CorelDrawX3.
If its ok - just ask an I publish it here today in the evening.

2 danzup
"...passive baxendall tone / volume control..." - oh, yeahhhhh!
Sounds good!
I like it even without schematic:p
...particularly passive baxendall tone control