Yet another Volume controlers and source selections

for me, its not about atmel. I'm glad that controller level programming is abstracted enough to -not care- what the underlying platform is.

arduino == arduino and that's mostly what convinced me to go that route instead of PIC, for example.

the abstraction just made things so accessible. that said, arduino core is coming to ARM and so atmel architecture isn't really the important thing, long-term.

There is always a penalty if you program in high level language.Arduino is no exeption.
It's programmed in C/C++, but any controller can only uderstand assembler commands.So you don't know how the program was really translated into assembler and have no control over it.
This is why so many programs are buggy.
If you program in assembler then you have a total control and can do anything with that controller, but it's more complicated.

linuxworks, bargraph style can be change without any prob. I used some other stiles for tests, but yours bargraph style I like more...
:)

that's ok. I also played with others, such as:

3417241106_a96e5804d8_z.jpg

that was a 'gui' to let me set a min and max window by moving those 2 lines over.

and this one as a single element indicator graph:

3358560037_eb3dfc8859_z.jpg

but there's only so much you can do with the hitachi 'graphics'.

There is always a penalty if you program in high level language.Arduino is no exeption.
It's programmed in C/C++, but any controller can only uderstand assembler commands.

its rare that I have to work around the arduino core. some people do direct port io on a bunch of pins at once instead of the more abstract 'digitalRead()'. you gain speed but once you move to a mega cpu (for example) the ports are no longer the same. I always try for abstract, first; and only if the speed is not enough do I consider stepping outside the system.

or, find other hardware acceleration techniques, or even more chips.

I disagree about assembler. this isn't 1980 anymore ;) C is very good and if you write clean uncomplicated C, there will be *less* bugs than if you wrote assembler.

Nice work!
Yes. Thanks!
But I don't know why so many people use atmel microprocessors.What's good on them or better said what's better then by other?
I use only Microchip PIC's and i'am happy with them.
I use only AVR's and i'am happy with them :)
I tried also atmel, but it was much more complicated then PIC's, for me at least.
I tried also pic, but it was much more complicated then AVR's;)
Generally speaking there is no difference what chip u use, everything depends on language u use for that

I will post here a new project : an Atmega IR remote transmitter that is 100% compatible with any project , that way you must not search for an compatible IR remote transmitter .
@RS232 : i will check and if there is not I will post again that firmware .

Danzup,

Have you had a chance to do this?

I built your Volume Control kit last spring and am still having problems with the remote control function.

Thanks,
Dave

About PGA4311 / TDA7439

PGA4311 :
hey guys it would cooll if we could change from 2311 or 2310 to 4311 . so the use of relays is not needed

Maybe you need to read datasheet again
Yes it have 4 input/output but not in stereo

TDA7439 :

I made code for this chip , but not a full volume controller with RC5 ect
If other like this I finish this code for M16 / lcd / RC5

Happy Christmas all :)

PGA4311 :

Maybe you need to read datasheet again
Yes it have 4 input/output but not in stereo

TDA7439 :

I made code for this chip , but not a full volume controller with RC5 ect
If other like this I finish this code for M16 / lcd / RC5

Happy Christmas all :)

well for me TDA7349 rocks but need only keys and lcd.--- with out rc5, gain setting, balance setting.

i saw the project in elektor for TDA7449 but the LCD used in there is not available here. adn if i order it than its quite expensive for me. could you do a code for TDA7439 based on 8515 or atmega 8,

Hi Happy Hollyday .

Yes 8515 and M8 can be used for this
Iam working on code for 7439 for the lcd / encoder
hope to finish soon

I wait for the TDA7439 chip so I can test the code about 1 week then I have it

Last edited:
cool, happy holidays, you can use proteus isis ( labcenter ) to check code squence coming on i2c port of the ic, and also the data thats coming on the LCD, and also test your codes

HI,
Yes I know proteus well :)

So we say M8 and 20x2 lcd or (16x2) portb
Intern clock 8Mhz (no crystal)
SDA/SCL TDA7439 portc 4/5
encoder portd 0-3 (maybe with push button)
Button menu/Select portd.4
Power On led portb.6
so you have change to make pcb :)

TDA7439_m8.JPG

Here's one that uses an Analog Devices AD5206 RDAC and an Atmel AT2313 for stereo or AT4313 for home theater. The firmware for the home theater processor wouldn't fit into the 2313, but the 4313 is pin compatible, so they share the same schematic. The RDAC has linear pots, but a true logarithmic sequence is sent to it, providing an accurate log scale.

Merry Christmas!