Yet another Volume controlers and source selections

Important notices:
IR receiver is SFH5110-36. Pinout for TSOP1736 is different.
Some LCDs have reversed pins for backlight. This PCB is made for my old (green) LCD. My new (blue) has reversed pins. In that case, cross jumper wires for pins 15 and 16 of LCD.
Schematic is from post #4.

Attachments

• Picture2 002.jpg
    Picture2 002.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,139
  • Picture2 003.jpg
    Picture2 003.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 1,111
As you already know, I had great luck to be beta-tester of FarmTech's firmware. I'm not expert, I'm just common user, so I tried to do my part of deal the best I could.
I must say it was easy. FarmTech made brilliant firmware. Everything he sent to me worked without problems. I tried to outwit his firmware, but it was impossible.
Also, I work like :snail:. I don't have much free time for my hobby, so I had to steal time from my job. FarmTech wrote program for VU meter on LCD. It looks wonderfull, but you must have extra hardware for this feature. He gave schematic for half-wave rectifier in post #302. I made PCB.

Hi dobrivojem
Tank you so muts for the beta testing and then PCB layout for both Lm324 & LM358
The pcb look nice you did a fine job.

I notest that you dont use a shielded 2 or 3 conductor audio cable
for input to opamp from line signal
this "can" be reason for pickup some noise and feed it to the line out

I dont have any problems with noise even if my test setup was a breadboard with many wire connects , but just in case its a good idea to use shielded audio cable.

Well now I wait for Danzup ,
and again tanks for the testing & your time dobrivojem

Hi dobrivojem
Tank you so muts for the beta testing and then PCB layout for both Lm324 & LM358
The pcb look nice you did a fine job.

I notest that you dont use a shielded 2 or 3 conductor audio cable
for input to opamp from line signal
this "can" be reason for pickup some noise and feed it to the line out

I dont have any problems with noise even if my test setup was a breadboard with many wire connects , but just in case its a good idea to use shielded audio cable.

Well now I wait for Danzup ,
and again tanks for the testing & your time dobrivojem

Kim, don't thank me. It was pleasure for me.

Yes, I know a lot about shielding cables, ground loops etc, because audio is my field of interest. All conductors from picture are temporary, I was eager to see the result as soon as possible. When I put all vegetables in an enclosure, it will look much better.

Kim, don't thank me. It was pleasure for me.

Yes, I know a lot about shielding cables, ground loops etc, because audio is my field of interest. All conductors from picture are temporary, I was eager to see the result as soon as possible. When I put all vegetables in an enclosure, it will look much better.

Yes I know , it was a general info for other usere to,

Iam working on a 2x7 band eq for lcd for the controller and if this works like I want it to a make a version for EQ , show EQ after 10 sec on lcd left/right ch
and when you push a button , turn encoder or use remote it return to normal use on lcd ( for data see my older post about EQ pages 30 i think)
and use the EQ chip for VU meter same time , maybe a select in menu for VU/EQ will be a good idea

Firmware for Danzup Ir Volume Control Ver.1.6(c) VU Meter RC5 / Edit text

Now it time to release the firmware for Danzup´s Ir Volume Control Ver.1.6(c)

Here is a short info of what to do and how to do it

Ir Volume Control Ver.1.6(c) Danzup(farmtech Special) R / 2r -shunt Lcd Version
For Preamp Solid State Or Tube With Warm Up Tube Timer

This Is A Edit Version Of Danzup´s Soft / Hardware Post #4 Atmega16

Schematic in zip

' dobrivoje layout fot LM324 /Lm358

'R/R2 or Shunt With Lcd ************* REMEMBER JUMPER SETTINGS
Note !! To Use This You Have To Build A Half -wave Rectifier See Schematic

My Change :

Added Backlight Control Auto Or Allways On(auto = Off After Ca 10 Sec)
Added Learn New Rc5 Remote : You Need A Rc5 Remote With Min 10 Buttons
Added Edit Input Select Text Via Lcd & Remote
Added New Rc5 Decoder(dont Use Bascom Getrc5)
Added Vu Level Meter On Lcd See * Schematic About Hafe -wave For Adc6 / Adc7 Pins
Added Edit Vu Level In Menu 1 -35 Default Is 10
Added Total New Lcd Design For Level Meter / Input / Volume / Volume Bar
Added Save Settings To Eeprom On Power Off
Added Soft Volume On Power On / Off & Mute Volume Rissing / Falling Slowly
Added Select For Tube Or Solid State In Menu Tube Yes / On

'*** not free yet but did change encoder to 1 with push button I use this as menu button
' and added power off in menu ,and power on if the new "menu" button is pressed when its OFF
' Now only 1 encoder on front NO buttons cool... still testing this setup

Menu :

Allways Return To Volume Control Via Encoder On Exit(auto Exit Menu After About 10 Sec)

Volume : Turn Encoder Left / Right To Adjuse Volume
Input : Turn Encoder Left / Right To Select What Input You Like To Use(cd , Tuner , Dvd Or Aux)
Light : Turn Encoder Left / Right To Select Auto Or On
New Rc5 : Just Turn Encoder To Enter The Setup Via Lcd(11 Step To Add New Rc5 Remote)
Edit Text : Just Turn Encoder To Enter Change Input Select Text And Use Remote Via Lcd To Change It
Vu Level : Turn Encoder Left / Right To Adjuse Level Of Input 10 - 35 Default Is 20
Tube : Select Yes / No Via Encoder Yes = Warm Up Tube 60 Sec No = Solid State No Warm Up Needed

Light :
Backlight On Lcd Auto Or On
Menu / Light Turn Encoder Left / Right To Select Auto(off After 10 Sec) Or On(allways On)

New Rc5 Remote :

Menu / Select New Rc5 And Turn Encoder
Now You Will Be Ask To Push A Button
If Your Remote Is A Rc5 It Will Continue The Setup Else Push Menu To Exit(not A Rc5 Remote)
You Need A Remote With Min 10 Buttons To Setup The Controller
Power On / Off , Ch + , Ch - , Vol + , Vol - , Mute , And 4 Buttons For Direct Select Input
When Done It Store The New Remote In Eeprom And Use This Rc5 Setup

Its A Good Idea To Do It Even If Your Remote Vorks Fine Then Its Setup In Eeprom !

Edit Input Text :

Menu / Edit Text And Turn Encoder(you Need The Remote To Do The Rest)

Lcd Will Now Show The Input Text For Input 1 On Line 1 Line 2 Show A Letter(a)
Use Vol - To Select The Input Text You Like To Edit(show On Line 1)

To Edit The Text Do This :
Use Ch + To Scroll Letter Up / Ch - Is Down
When You Have The Letter You Like To Use Press Vol+
Now It Show The New Letter On Line 2 You Have Letter & The Next Letter
Use Ch + Ch - To Select Next Letter And Push Vol + Ect Untill You Have The Text You Like To Use Max 7 Chars
Press Mute To Store The Text For Input In Eeprom(if You Have Used All 7 Chars It Auto Save The Text Use Vol - To Select New Text To Edit Or)

If You Like To Edit Other Input Text Use Vol - To Select The Input Text And Do The Steps Again(ch + Ch - Mute)

If You Are Done Edit Text Press Power On / Off On Remote(exit Edit And Return To Normal)

Menu / Vu Level Turn Encoder Left / Right To Adjuse Level On Lcd

This Is A Level Change Of The Output To Lcd Meter You Have 6 Bars On Lcd For Vu Meter
If Your Input Is To High They Dont Show Muts Just On All Time
Try To Decrese The Level So Max Input Light Up The 6´th Bar With 5 ||||| Bar Signs
Every Bar Is Spit Up In 5 Bars Signs |

If You Dont Know How To Do This Dont Do It !!!!!!!!!!

How To Connect The Half -wave Rectifier To Atmega16 :
On The Controller Board You Have Pin30 / 31 For Led Display
M16 Adc6 Adc7 Pins
(if You Build Your Own Then You Know Where Adc6 / 7 Is)
You Need To Connect This To Pins To Half -wave Rectifier Adc6 And Adc7 And Connect Gnd To Gnd On Board
It Can Use The + 5volt & Gnd From Board
The L / R & Gnd Input On Half -wave Rectifier Cant Be Connectet To Direct Output

Hope You Report Any Errors Or Change You Like To Have , And I´ll Try To Make Them

addon files in Zip : Hex & Bin for Atmega16
and pictures of how to connect it to controller ONLY LCD version !
Enjoy :)

Attachments

• M16_REMOTE_farmtech_special_VU.ZIP
    18.8 KB · Views: 357
  • images_of_howto_connect.zip
    266.5 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
Here is a update for Danzup´s Ir Volume Control Ver.1.6(c) NO VU METER

Here is a update for Danzup´s Ir Volume Control Ver.1.6(c) (FarmTech) NO VU METER

The setup is same as abov but it dont have VU Meter

It works fine with the controller it have everything as abow except the VU Meter
But show volume bar instead of the VU Meter so no need to make any change on controller
just program the chip and remember jumper R2R/Shunt
Enjoy :)

Added Zip Bin/Hex

Attachments

• M16_REMOTE_farmtech_special_NO_VU.ZIP
    17.8 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Here is a update for Danzup´s Ir Volume Control Ver.1.6(c) (FarmTech) both VU & No VU

Ubs found a error in code (sorry)

Direct select input 4 (button 4) is same as input 3 , with ch+ / ch- its ok

will fix this in next update ( 2-4 days)
Pls. report any errors/fix/ideas if you use this firmware .. (good/bad)

Kim

Last edited:
i like the knob look on the front plate, and i have seen home theaters having 3 knobs all encodrs , it gives it a feel of a analog,,,,
one thing i noticed is when that volume reaches 100 the display shifts, the right volume digit goes of the screen, and when the volume value goes below 100 the display looks normal,
i would like to suggest a change and tha would be lets keep just just volume 50% or volume 50db in the secondline , and when it goes in to balance mode show two different values as per the channel

can i do it by // one line for left channel and rename the right one, as the data sent for both channels is same.

i also found some gitters in the knob , how to deal with it, what i mean is when i turn the shaft volume digits went high and low , when the shaft was turned at a low speed ,
is it my encoders fault or is it some hting else -- noise

i like the knob look on the front plate, and i have seen home theaters having 3 knobs all encodrs , it gives it a feel of a analog,,,,
one thing i noticed is when that volume reaches 100 the display shifts, the right volume digit goes of the screen, and when the volume value goes below 100 the display looks normal,
i would like to suggest a change and tha would be lets keep just just volume 50% or volume 50db in the secondline , and when it goes in to balance mode show two different values as per the channel

can i do it by // one line for left channel and rename the right one, as the data sent for both channels is same.

i also found some gitters in the knob , how to deal with it, what i mean is when i turn the shaft volume digits went high and low , when the shaft was turned at a low speed ,
is it my encoders fault or is it some hting else -- noise

what version are you using ? atm16 r2r/shunt or pga2310 ?

Last edited: