j fet chip

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Holy smokes....or better not !!!

These were used quite extensively by Erno Borbely in the mid 80-ies, along with the comlementary AH5020. Among other things in his DC100 amplifier. Obsolete National Semi type. Should be very roughly something like 2SK389.....
Might be interested in a few...

If a net search doesn't give any results, I do have a paper data sheet somewhere. Unable to dig it out until next week though....going skiing in the weekend..

Anthony: The NPD5566 is National Semiconductor's version of the N-ch JFET 2N5566. The package is an SO08, and the Vdg and Vgs are both 40V. Idss ranges from 5mA to 30mA. gfs ranges from 7000 umhos minimum to 12,500 umhos. goss is 45umhos. Ciss 12pF, Crss 3pF.

This information is taken from National Semiconductor's "Discrete Diode, Bipolar Transistor, and JFET Products Databook", 1996 edition, pages 7-57~7-61. I don't have the datasheets scanned, so I can't provide any curves, but if it is numerical data that you want, just ask. This is a member of the 2N5564~66 family, so if you can find scanned datasheets or curves for any of these devices, the information should be fairly relevant for your NPD5566's as well.

I believe that Spectral used something like the NPD5566 (but in a DIP-8 package) in some of their preamps. I have used the 5564~66 family on occasion, with no significant problems. But I wouldn't suggest running them at the full 40V unless you want DC offset (due to gate leakage currents).

hth, jonathan carr

Hi,

Indeed a 2N5566 junction (diode) isolated dual J-Fet. It is in the National J-Fet databook of 1977 I have here.

The datasheet of the Siliconix 2N5566 is here:

http://www.vishay.com/docs/70254/70254.pdf

What package do you have? If it’s the Dil package:

Pin Fet

1 S1
2 D1
3 N.C.
4 G1
5 S2
6 D2
7 N.C.
8 G2

Can send you a photocopy by snailmail of the NPD5566 beginning next week. E-mail me then if you like.

Cheers

Hi Anthony,

The Siliconix 2N5566 and the National one are not the same. Although I posted a link to the Siliconix one, the National one is slightly different. The Siliconix one is a two chip matched pair one and the National one is a monolithic single chip one. But they are interchangeable in most applications.

Cheers

Re: NPD5566

ANTHONY2181 said:
Hi,

Thank you all for your help much apreachiated.

Since i have 230 of these id be whilling to sell some,I mean I can't use them all : ).

Im thinking £3.00 each and a minimum order of £20 + £4 for postage to most places in Europe and the U.S

Cheers

Anthony Kirby

Hi Anthony,

I want some, please email me.

regards,
Hartmut

ANTHONY2181 said:
Hi,

Since i have 230 of these id be whilling to sell some,I mean I can't use them all : ).

Im thinking £3.00 each and a minimum order of £20 + £4 for postage to most places in Europe and the U.S

Cheers

Anthony Kirby
Hi Anthony,

Please e-mail me, regarding the NPD5566
Thanks.
Audiofanatic ;)

ANTHONY2181 said:
Hi,

Cheers

Anthony Kirby

Hi Anthony,

Do you by any chance still have any of these NPD5566s kicking around? Could use some for my Crown PSA-2.

Cheers,
Jake

Hi Anthony,
I am repairing an old Crown PSA-2 amp with a view to using it to drive a set of main monitors,mabyWestlake bbsm 10's.The NPD 5566 on one channel is faulty and creating noise and causing the amp to go DC(already took out a LF driver from a Dyanaudio BM 15-not cheap!).Do you still have some of these fets and would you be prepared to sell me 2 or whatever minimum amount that suits you ?

Regards,
Mark.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.