Juicy Music Tercel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just finished building the new Juicy Music Tercel. It is a dead simple kit to put together, an IMHO a great deal. You populate a board, connect the board to the back panel and you are good to go.

I figured I would give y'all a photo of the board, an installed photo, and a frequency response measurement I took. For photos of what the assembled kit looks like from the outside (I have the maple base):

http://www.juicymusicaudio.com/tercel.htm

Right now a Rega P2/Shure v15-III (MR stylus) is connected to the Tercel spinning Lou Reed's Transformer. The Tercel drives a pair of Triode Wired Dynaco MK-IV based amps which run a pair of open baffles with a Fostex FX120/Eminence Alpha 15's.

Solid imaging and very smooth, still experimenting with cartridge loading.

Sean

Attachments

• board1.jpg
    board1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 294
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Cool.. I particularly like the OB speaker system...

FWIW: As an aside the coupling caps on the Tercel look a lot like current CDE WMF types - not in my experience the last word in transparency.. You might want to try some surplus Russian teflon types (or similar, like Rel TFT or VH Vcaps) - you might be surprised at the difference. (I was) Looks well put together and nicely soldered.

Thanks for your compliments. The OB's are fairly enjoyable, it is kind of a shame that they have relegated speakers that took a lot more effort to build to the other room. I probably need a sub or three at some point to handle sub 45hz.

I have thought about new caps for the coupling caps. As is likely clear from the image, orange drops are used in the RIAA. The coupling caps are a mystery to me they are marked "150 M" and are some kind of 250V film. The large one is a 1 uF that is ~30mm*12mm (larger than the equivalent 250V Solen MP). Does anyone know who made these caps.

I know Mark (of JuicyMusic) uses Auricaps in this phono stage when it is the integral stage in the Blueberry so I might try those, although I have some Rel PPFMXS in the dynas that I like. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Sean

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.