Electrocompaniet Preampliwire I manual (I am not in the sinbin)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an Electrocompaniet Preampliwire I with onboard MC phono stage. However, the manuals for my hi-fi equipment were lost by the furniture removal company when I moved house recently. If anyone has a copy of the manual I would really appreciate it.

The bit I really need is the section which explains how to switch the preamp from MC to MM by removing the phono board, then installing capacitors and resistors in its place. There is also a method for increasing the gain of the phono stage by changing plug-in resistors. Lastly, there is the section on how to change the MC phono stage feedback resistors to suit different cartridges such as Denon, Ortofon or Van den Hul.

BTW, I am not in the sinbin (I was put in the sinbin due to an administrative error, not because I broke forum rules at any time). I have decided to repost the thread as being in the sinbin may have given other users a bad impression of me.

For further details on the sinbin mistake, check out this link to the relevant explanation by diyaudio.com moderator Cal Weldon.

I noticed this unfortunate mistake.
Credits to Cal Weldon fix this so quickly.
Good moderator job and action :)
--------------------

Electrocompaniet Preampliwire I
with onboard MC phono stage

The Manual lost. I am sure some one will send you!
Did you search forum for:
Electrocompaniet PreAmpliwire

I am quite sure this amplifier has been discussed.
If you are lucky, some topic has got an attached schematic.
Regards, Lineup :cool:

Yes, I did a search. No-one has discussed the phono stage. Some diyaudio.com users have the user manual, but I was unable to contact them because I am a new user who has not made many posts. I have just sent an email to another diyaudio.com user, doanh, as he has (or had) the manual. (I am now able to send emails to other users because I have made several posts).

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Hi Doanh

Could i have a copy too?? What is the diffirence between ampliwire and EC1???

From the other thread I understood you had one of these and would part with it ????
A couple of months back I managed to purchase a Aw250 amp in perfect condition, very good sounding amp, a EC preamp to go with it would be nice.

Alex

Just a suggestion:

You can email browser your address by clicking their email button at the bottom of the window. This will avoid having your email address out there in the public domain.

As it turns out, browser was sent to the bin by way of human error. When registering new accounts one has to be very careful not to drag too far or too quickly. One also has to pay attention to what one is doing. ;)

Mea culpa.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.