Incognitoed RB300 question?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I want to cut the incognito lead on my RB300 back to about 10 inches so I can have my preamp nice and close under the wallshelf my deck sits on.
But what of the remaining bit of wire?
I need a good OFC interconnect for preamp out to headphone amp, will this rather expensive scrap do or should I be looking at basically thicker wire? I am ordering 6 eichmann copper bullets, my system is copper throughout after this.
I think the incognito is AWG33 right down to the RCA's, can someone please confirm this?
I don't really know a lot about eledtronics, but I do know my preamp will add 62db of gain to the signal from my cart, which will be a LOMC Supex that I am getting retipped.
Thicker wire?
dave

As the SA agent for incognito I can tell yopu that what you are about to do is total sacrilege and ought to be punished. Nah, just kidding. Incognito actually make the same stuff up as a line level interconnect as well and it works swell.
The shorter cable will mean less input cpacitance on your phono rig, with some mm, this may have an effect but you can increase the cap on the stage in[put to compensate if you must.

tubenut said:
As the SA agent for incognito I can tell yopu that what you are about to do is total sacrilege and ought to be punished. Nah, just kidding. Incognito actually make the same stuff up as a line level interconnect as well and it works swell.
The shorter cable will mean less input cpacitance on your phono rig, with some mm, this may have an effect but you can increase the cap on the stage in[put to compensate if you must.
Hello, Mr Tubenut - I was wondering - is there any chance I can get replacement rca ends for incognito kits? The blue and red ones, very small and dead sexy, if I go ahead I would like the same, but I would like 4 red and 4 blue. That'd be something.
dave

Thanks for the mail.
I'll look at what I can do now.
Here's what I'm using right now:
Planar parts on an MDF plinth for now, acrylic platter
RB300, blasted and stuffed with upgrades and the incog
Denon DL301 II
Benz Micro Lukascheck T9 PP1 Phono stage
Chinese tube headphone amp
Sennheiser HD650
Notice a little imbalance in my system?
I let price decide what I get for now, that's why I have a world class preamp next to a cheap h/p amp. 900AU for the PP1. !!!!!!!
The deck will get better too.

Totally loving the PP1 Panikos...this here is the best preamp I will ever buy for sure..still bragging about the 900AU!
Now I'm waiting for my Grado Higain headphone amp to run my sennheisers.
Last week I got a cheap as chips powerboard with conditioner built in from ebay, and tell ya what, these things should be upgrade #1!!
I can suddenly use my interim sony combo to run my headphones up on 10 without the bass breaking up at all, when the week before it did on 7.
It doesn't even sound LOUD in a funny way, it is clean sound, the true mark of a decent power source amongst other things. I have just learnt.
The power conditioner and thick AC cables are clearly the greatest upgrade I have ever purchased, not counting the PP1 because it was still objectively expensive.
The grado is a little iffy, have to hear the higain, had the standard gain shipped because at 62db boost the PP1 was fairly shoving the music up my backside, but 600ohm is 600ohm and my well meaning worries were skewed, so at 100AU cost for post I got him to replace it with the Higain.
Am I regretting not buying, say, the Little Dot MKV? Time will tell.
I'm also starting to crave speakers, would like to bit by bit two monoblocks and two speakers for under 2500AU. Haven't started to think about it yet.
As usual my system is never static, just made the big swap from chinese tubes to world class solid state, no hiss, no hum, smashing bass and all that, using a denon 301II, getting a boron/FG setup on my old supex 900 MKIV. I can't find benz micro's email, anyone got that?
I'm making my brother a rega knock off drilled out to suit a mission 774LC tonearm that will be getting a DL110 and possibly that little bellari VP129 preamp. Merry christmas present for him, also getting him a bunch of LPs.
I will post photos once my system looks nice.

Panicos K said:
Planarboy,did you like the PP1? :)
I reckon, after around 300 hours now, it will do for me as far as SS preamps for phono go, no complaints about the PP1 whatsoever, I love it!! To me it's just as good for any type of music I listen to.
I did the butcher job on my incognito tonearm lead, got original ends from moth group but did them a little different, I'll put up some photos of my system.

one shot per?
Hope it shows up.
Original incog end with clamp cut off, secured instead by heatshrink to cable, doused in epoxy glue, secured more and generally tightened up with a little cotton

Attachments

• ends (1).jpg
    ends (1).jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 154
..another shot of the incog job.
This system is a get together of parts I liked on ebay and such.
God bless the internet!!
Without it I marvel at my ipods pop/rock/jazz function.
Bloody expensive, mind you, try around AU10,000, but I do have expensive taste in records, some of the records I buy are around 150-200.

Attachments

• dsc06009.jpg
    dsc06009.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 137
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.