diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Analog Line Level (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/)
-   -   Looking a schematic for Electrocompaniet ECI4 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/122528-looking-schematic-electrocompaniet-eci4.html)

cartman 5th May 2008 04:18 PM

Looking a schematic for Electrocompaniet ECI4

Hey Guys,

I'm looking the schematic for Electrocompaniet ECI4.

Please help me...

Thanks in advance!
Cartman

Roar Malmin 5th May 2008 09:00 PM

What kind of problems do you have, maybe I can help.

Regards
Roar

Zen Mod 5th May 2008 09:12 PM

slightly off topic

Quote:

Originally posted by Roar Malmin

Regards
Roar

Roar - just a question :

what's current situation with Doxa line ( presuming that my memory isn't deceiving me that you are man responsible for it ;) ) ?

and what plans are for M.Innovation ...... ?

seems that site is pretty long under construction ; I hope that out of virtual world situation is different .

Thanks in advance .

Roar Malmin 6th May 2008 09:28 AM

You may contact me directly concerning these matters. It is not something I am prepared to divulge to an open forum. I trust you are aware of the fact that Rome were not built in a single day, nor emperor Diokletians summer house in Split. Saw it last autumn. Awesome. BTW. You Serb, Slovenian or from Hrvatska?

Regards
Roar

Zen Mod 6th May 2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

You may contact me directly concerning these matters. It is not something I am prepared to divulge to an open forum. I trust you are aware of the fact that Rome were not built in a single day, nor emperor Diokletians summer house in Split. Saw it last autumn. Awesome. BTW. You Serb, Slovenian or from Hrvatska?

Regards
Roar

understand - tnx for replying ;)

I'm Serb - with roots in Hrvatska , living in Vojvodina ( Serbia) ;

I'll contact you ;

cartman 6th May 2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Regards
Roar

Thanks for you reply,

my problem is: sometimes does crackle :(
I'd like to replace this for a new one or BETTER one (with compatible pins/size - rehabs for a better ALPS type)

Have you any idea?

Many thanks in advance!
Regards,
Cartman

Roar Malmin 6th May 2008 04:59 PM

Crackle. Ok. The root of the problem is that there are sometimes DC present on the volume control. This arcs the tracks. The only solution is to replace the volume. You are more or less stuck with the original type, as its value is only 5K. I believe they were custom made for EC.
Where do you live? I do repair a fair number of EC amps each year, and I bought the last stock from the importer when EC went bust last time.

cartman 6th May 2008 07:17 PM

email sent to you - please email me,
THX!

tubenut 6th May 2008 09:06 PM

I have replaced 2 pots in my ECI3, still love the amp. Is there a way to get rid of or limit the damaging DC?

Roar Malmin 6th May 2008 09:47 PM

No, not really. It is possible to adjust the DC voltage over the pot very low, but it will eventually become noisy. I would not go as far as to call it a design flaw, more a design oversight.

Regards
Roar