how to make a audio source selector?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi to all firstly. i have 2 computer connected just beside.. but unfortunately i have only just 1 pair of speaker, so i decided to do 1 audio source selector, mean when i dint use 1 computer, i wanna switch the speaker for another 1. i have manage to do the stuff, but the problem is, the output of the sound have "echo" and the sound of singing, is very low.. just can hear the music (very loud) almost like digital d, anything i done mistake?

the diagram as attach below.. but wat i get is the sound very poor, ( have echo, only small song lyric hear,like in karaokae mode) i duno did i done something wrong.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 446
on side must be out of phase. What that means is that the + and - should be switched. Usually vocals are mic'ed with one mic only. This makes the vocal track usually mono, and mono signals cancel nicely when the sources are out of phase. Musical instuments on the other hand are often recorded stereo and/or are panned to the left or right to provide a soundstage. These components will not cancel well when they meet out of phase. This provides the karaoke effect which can be desireable in certain circumstances. Not here of course.
double check your wiring. Also, you have posted more of a block diagram. if you could post a more detailed schematic i bet the problem will be obvious.
Good luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.