Open-Source Audio Input Switch - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th October 2007, 11:33 AM   #11
Gordy is offline Gordy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Steve,

Just an idea for you: consider moving this thread out of the Analogue section of the forum and into Solid State. It has more relevance there and is likely to be more viewed and better supported.

(i.e. put it where it needs to be in order to be successful, rather than where you initially like it to be !)

If you decide to do this then just ask a moderator and they can transfer it for you.

Good luck,
Gordon
Old 6th October 2007, 02:20 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to c0nsumer Send a message via AIM to c0nsumer Send a message via Yahoo to c0nsumer
Quote:
Originally posted by Gordy
Just an idea for you: consider moving this thread out of the Analogue section of the forum and into Solid State. It has more relevance there and is likely to be more viewed and better supported.

(i.e. put it where it needs to be in order to be successful, rather than where you initially like it to be !)

If you decide to do this then just ask a moderator and they can transfer it for you.
That's a good idea. I just wasn't quite sure where to put it, initially. Since it's basically a source component for switching analog bits, I figured here would be best. Hmm... Can you think of a different forum that might be applicable, besides Solid State? That one has a subtitle of "Talk all about solid state amplification", and this really isn't solid state amplification at all. It's just a CPU controlled set of good old fashioned relays.
Old 6th October 2007, 09:49 PM   #13
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by c0nsumer
... and this really isn't solid state amplification at all. It's just a CPU controlled set of good old fashioned relays.
Tubes forum? I'm inclined to think "Analogue" is the right forum, but I can see why you're wondering, anyway, we'll happily move the thread given a good reason.
Old 7th October 2007, 03:32 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to c0nsumer Send a message via AIM to c0nsumer Send a message via Yahoo to c0nsumer
Quote:
Originally posted by EC8010

Tubes forum? I'm inclined to think "Analogue" is the right forum, but I can see why you're wondering, anyway, we'll happily move the thread given a good reason.
If you think it should be moved, that's fine with me... I just don't really know where else. I'm open to whatever, I just wanted a forum for discussing this project and hopefully getting others interested.
Old 7th October 2007, 04:00 PM   #15
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I think this is a reasonably good place for this, although it would certainly get a lot more visibility in the tube forum. I'm a tube guy, but the idea of uP controlled relay based input switching is extremely attractive to me and probably a lot of other like minded fellows..
Old 7th October 2007, 10:18 PM   #16
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

OK. At the risk of confusion, I'll see if I can copy this thread to the "Tubes" forum.
Old 7th October 2007, 10:33 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by EC8010
OK. At the risk of confusion, I'll see if I can copy this thread to the "Tubes" forum.
Hmm... Looks like replies in one place don't show up in the other, so the discussion has been effectively forked.
Old 10th October 2007, 05:04 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Just so everyone knows, I'm going to be posting all updates related to this project over in this thread in the Tubes section now. It's unlikely I'll post anything more in this one...

See you there!

-Steve

Hide this!Advertise here!