Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th August 2007, 08:13 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default dts conversion from analog

Hi.
I'm a newbie here, but heavily into hi quality audio.
Just wondering if anyone else out there is converting from multi-channel analog audio into dts.

For years we recorded live music on Crown CX844 tape machines, using AKG C24, C12s, 414s, etc etc. Tapes began to deteriorate so we began archiving to hard drive (ALESIS HD24XR) using 4 channels.

Then I discovered how to convert those files into a dts bitstream and put them on CDs, playable thru any machine that decodes dts. Actually I listen on a Sony 455 or Tascam CD01U, both of which are not dts-capable. I send the optical signal to a dts decoder, and listen either in fronts and surrounds or 4 ch across the front (using the 7.1 direct function of my pre/pro).

So if anyone else out there is doing this I would like to communicate and share ideas. No I am NOT commercial. This is for fun.
Thanks to moderators for what looks like good forums.

Hide this!Advertise here!