Maya Power Amplifier - Signature Edition - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > AKSA
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 4th April 2017, 10:11 PM   #1
saf is offline saf  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Default Maya Power Amplifier - Signature Edition

This has been long wished ... but the shell is finally ready

I present the Signature Edition Maya...

Click the image to open in full size.

Hugh... how are those modules going ? I have 3 of these ready to PLAY!
All the best,
Filipe
Old 4th April 2017, 11:35 PM   #2
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Felipe,

WOW! These look terrific!! And the logo (and you can add the badge when the modules are ready for despatch) can be attached at the center front as well!

You embarrass me with the signature stuff........ groan.......

Very nice, neat job, those Italian cases are very nice. However, the cooling of the output does not look that good; can you put in some more ventilation slots top and bottom?

Thank you for the view of your next amplifier..... this is a beautiful case. Not there with the next modules, but I will have them in a couple of weeks.

Ciao,

Hugh
Old 5th April 2017, 04:54 AM   #3
seano is offline seano  Australia
diyAudio Member

That's pretty. Though I think I'd prefer it without the handles...
Old 5th April 2017, 05:31 AM   #4
suresh is offline suresh  India
diyAudio Member

Congratulations. excellent cabinet ... beautiful handle ... i love the signature of hugh r Dean (laser engraved ). it can compete with any high end brands . such professional cabinet . i am ashamed that i could not do such beautiful cabinet.

Regards
Old 5th April 2017, 09:32 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh View Post
Congratulations. excellent cabinet ... beautiful handle ... i love the signature of hugh r Dean (laser engraved ). it can compete with any high end brands . such professional cabinet . i am ashamed that i could not do such beautiful cabinet.

Regards
Hi Suresh,
Thanks for the kind compliments. I must say that i can not take all the credit, as this is a build to order cabinet. All i did was came up with the design, draw the autocad detailed file and assemble the pieces!
I had some software merit with the profiling, design and Hugh's signature...but the hardware was all done in Italy.
Your cabinet was built by you and has a lot more "weight" into it. I also like the plexiglass seethrough.
My first cabinet (built entirely by me) was made of wood, for one of first Hugh's amps : the AKSA 100. This was 10 years ago and it still kicks ***.
The wood makes it look vintage and classic. I like it more now , than when i built it !

This time, i decided to take a different approach.
Professional finish for a Premium (Signature !!) design.
Old 5th April 2017, 09:49 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSA View Post
Hi Felipe,

WOW! These look terrific!! And the logo (and you can add the badge when the modules are ready for despatch) can be attached at the center front as well!

You embarrass me with the signature stuff........ groan.......

Very nice, neat job, those Italian cases are very nice. However, the cooling of the output does not look that good; can you put in some more ventilation slots top and bottom?

Thank you for the view of your next amplifier..... this is a beautiful case. Not there with the next modules, but I will have them in a couple of weeks.

Ciao,

Hugh
Hugh,

Thank you for your words. I am glad you like it, this was meant to be some kind of tribute so.....

I too am thinking of ventilation. The TOP cover was suposed to be all perforated but somehow i mixed the drawings and ended up forgetting to ask to drill extra holes in it.

Do you think this is essential ? I am afraid i cannot drill with the expertise needed to maintain the top finish...so my alternative is to order 3 new TOP covers from the manufacturer again. I think i will do it.
Bottom is harder, as i need to know where to drill. The transformers and modules will need their space. Its easier to drill after installing these.
Old 5th April 2017, 11:24 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Felipe,

I would not try to do it yourself. You need to take the top cover and bottom base to a sheet metal guy who has the dies to stamp some 'windows' for ventilation. He would have a large press too of course; all stuff you would not have laying around home!

I am picking up a couple of the next Maya batch tomorrow, and will test it carefully, then take another 30 for the second tranche. I'm absolutely over the moon about this; a wonderful amp, and getting better each batch!

Ciao,

Hugh
Old 5th April 2017, 12:48 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Very nice chassis. Looks really professional.

A bit offtopic: Where can I order those Maya modules. They seem to be very sought after. On Aspen Amplifiers I did not found them, they are also not mentioned in the price list.

Kind Regards

Phil
Old 5th April 2017, 10:23 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hi Phil,

Send me a PM. I have had short supply on these modules and tomorrow take delivery of a new batch. Yes, not on the website. I'm continuously busy with amp manufacture these days and try to restrict my work routine as I'm a an old codger and like to visit good friends over coffee to natter about the world........

Thank you for your interest in Aspen. I have spent half a lifetime on amps, my core interest, and finally I'm starting to get somewhere!

Hugh
Old 5th April 2017, 10:46 PM   #10
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

Well first off, you ain't no old codger and secondly you ain't just starting to get somewhere - you 'arrived' sometime ago
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.

Hide this!Advertise here!