Maya Power Amplifier - Signature Edition - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > AKSA
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 3rd June 2017, 09:17 AM   #41
diyAudio Member

Also nice, but Fiipppe's is just a tad nicer, probably sounds a tad better too.
Maybe you should offer a better sounding face plate with your signature on too!
Filipe, it makes your amp absolutely beautiful, call it high-end aesthetics is at the top of the list in high end. Luckily you also have the AKSA sound.

Last edited by Nico Ras; 3rd June 2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 5th June 2017, 11:41 AM   #42
saf is offline saf  Portugal
diyAudio Member

They do have the AKSA sound alright.
But you're right, i love looking at those faceplates when in the room, either playing music or not !
Plus i get the great recurrent question from "non-audio friends" : why there are no buttons if these are amplifiers ??? How do you use them ??

Old 6th June 2017, 11:57 AM   #43
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Interesting comment that the sound is a bit like the AKSA, Felipe. You hear this clearly?
I found this quite amazing because the actual topology is hugely different to the AKSA; it could be that the subtle sound signature I put in after careful listening comes from the original AKSA, but I really don't know....... it is certainly surprising (and pleasing!) to hear this from you!

I'm listening Nigel Weslake's Suite for Guitar and Orchestra on the new Maya 200 which is going to Singapore on Thursday. I started listening today and it's is very, very delicate on the small orchestral parts, yet is massive when the whole orchestra chimes in, and as you remarked, utterly silent between the notes.......

Ciao,

Hugh
Old 7th June 2017, 01:32 PM   #44
saf is offline saf  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Hugh,

Indeed it is quite difficult to express in words what we feel and hear.
Perhaps what i come to know as the AKSA signature, is the way it plays Strings. I found them to be quite melodic and heartfilling , with a sense of impact and differentiality from other instruments. They always show feelings in various music styles. Acoustic guitars, violins, celos...

Of course i also note that in terms of size, space, all is bigger in the Maya (comparing to the AKSA100). And the silence between notes, keep surprising me...

Hide this!Advertise here!