Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 20th June 2017, 12:03 PM   #81
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Zia and Thimios,

Thank you both for your contributions......
Most of my power wires are twisted, but not that tightly. The mains wire is quite tight however, but you cannot see it and the wires are covered with heatshrink.
The signal paths are connected to power earth via a 10R resistor; and the IEC and power earth are connected to the one stud at the rear right. The pcb ground is connected to the power ground on the centre of the pcb with back to back diodes; that is, no galvanic connection to the chassis, but protected with high current smd diodes.
This approach works extremely well. The SAKSA, and the Maya in fact with same earthing, are utterly silent idling; you cannot hear anything on the speaker if with your ear inside the cone. Earthing is a black art; I have arrived at this after years of stuffing around!

Hugh
Old 20th June 2017, 12:49 PM   #82
thimios is offline thimios  Greece
diyAudio Member

A draft block diagram shown all these(input gnd,power gnd to safety eart connection) would be useful .

Last edited by thimios; 20th June 2017 at 12:51 PM.
Old 20th June 2017, 04:08 PM   #83
acidbrain is offline acidbrain  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Brand New Super AKSA - the SAKSA 85!
Looks great Hugh ! >>> classy
Old 21st June 2017, 02:42 AM   #84
diyAudio Member

Default EARTHING AUDIO AMPLIFIERS

Sure, Thimios

Hugh
Attached Images
File Type: gif EarthingSchemeAudioAmps.gif (29.2 KB, 344 views)
Old 6th July 2017, 08:56 AM   #85
pathway is offline pathway
diyAudio Member

That previous pic of the Saksa Hugh posted was for a mate of mine, I fitted the supplied attenuator and have been running for around 10 or 12 hours now in my system. Just wanted to congratulate Hugh of a fine amp, It's a cracker! nicely blending of what I find nice in the subjective aspects of SS and tubes. At times I could have easily thought I was listening to my triode strapped EL34 amp, especially with acoustic material. These will be partnered with my friends Aurum Cantus M103's after I hand it over to him.
Old 7th July 2017, 11:43 PM   #86
diyAudio Member

Hi Pathway,

Thank you for the post; you got the amp up quickly and this weekend you deliver the amp to its new owner!

I hope you remain in our forum; i enjoyed your careful observations and I thought you were balanced in an area we know is opinionated!

Hugh

Last edited by AKSA; 7th July 2017 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12th July 2017, 11:51 PM   #87
diyAudio Member

Hay Hugh, the Saksa will be with me for a bit more, my friend needs a few more bits for his setup. Though had a listen to the Saksa in my setup on the weekend and is very happy with the amps performance.
Old 13th July 2017, 08:41 AM   #88
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the post, PW!
I wish you all the best with the source switching, it's not a trivial issue and has to be done really well to avoid noise.
I was incredibly pleased with your view that the SAKSA compares more than well with your lovely PP Triode amp, which I'm sure would sound fantastic.
You know, that was EXACTLY what I was trying to achieve; a tube sound from SS, with resolution, depth of image, powerful dynamic, harmonic tonality, and low noise.

You might consider the next SAKSA for yourself? Or perhaps a Maya?

Hugh
Old 20th July 2017, 12:43 PM   #89
diyAudio Member

Is a nice blend of attributes of both, Hugh. The valve amp has more weight to it but lacks the resolution, clarity and grip of the saksa. For myself mids is where there are similarities mostly, vocals can sound similar to my ears. I guess mids are an important part being where most of the music is. Very enjoyable to listen to, I'll be with valves for the time being but maybe one day I will be in a budgetary position to pick one up myself, but then the Maya would be a temptation at that point. Time will tell. Cheers
Old 22nd July 2017, 09:03 AM   #90
diyAudio Member

Aha, Ian, I await your keen interest in the Maya in time......!!

Thank you for your post, and your thoughts, much appreciated.

Ciao,

Hugh

Brand New Super AKSA - the SAKSA 85!Hide this!Advertise here!