Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 6th August 2017, 05:41 PM   #91
Hogg is offline Hogg  United States
diyAudio Member

Brand New Super AKSA - the SAKSA 85!
Default Schematic

Hugh,

I'm really enjoying the Saksa85. I've been using it for about 10 months now. It fared very will in an amp demo at a local audio club.
Several people wanted to see a schematic for the design. Is such a document available? Thank you.

Jim
Old 7th August 2017, 02:20 AM   #92
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Jim,
Thank you for the post!
I'm very pleased the amp fares so well at the local audio club, I tried to design something which sounded more like tube than SS!
The schematic is proprietary because I have no protection on the many ideas I've developed over two decades. It is a diff pair input, with Lender drive on the voltage amplifier, and a buffer to the VAS for low impedance drive at the output mosfets. The bias generator is two part; one is the ubiquitous Vbe multiplier, using a BD139, whilst the other is a 4.7V zener, both in series.

Jim, thanks for your great words about ownership of the SAKSA! I am really pleased it hits the spot......

Hugh
Old 7th August 2017, 03:00 PM   #93
diyAudio Member

Hugh, I understand perfectly. I appreciate the quick answer.

Jim
Old 7th August 2017, 11:26 PM   #94
diyAudio Member

Hi Jim,

May I ask a question?
How does the SAKSA compare with your previous NAKSA?

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 10th August 2017, 12:14 AM   #95
diyAudio Member

Hi Hugh,

To answer your question, what I hear is:

Saksa has superior bass depth, tone and slam. The Naksa has superior mid range and treble incisiveness and resolution. The Saksa has better overall drive.

There are both excellent amps but I prefer the Saksa. I like the extra power and bass.
Old 10th August 2017, 06:26 AM   #96
diyAudio Member

Thanks Jim,

This is precisely I was after; stronger bass, more power, and higher resolution. It really was the big one for me, though tried to bring in more depth of image, so you could perceive each instrument in a large orchestra, left to right, and front to back. If you have more imaging, you can pick out more resolution, and differentiate each instrument as you hear....... it's a psychoacoustic issue, can't easily be measured.
Thanks again, Jim, I'm very pleased as you are very logical and have both to compare with identical room, speakers and source.

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 10th August 2017, 09:03 AM   #97
suresh is offline suresh  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSA View Post

This is precisely I was after

Hugh
Hugh your words remain me of GANDALF (ACTOR IAN McKellen) from the movie LORD OF THE RINGS. you have mastered the art
Old 10th August 2017, 12:07 PM   #98
diyAudio Member

Thank you Raj, particularly from your experience.
Until we can measure depth of image and musicality this remains a judicious mix of science, engineering and art.

Hugh
Old 13th August 2017, 03:52 AM   #99
andyr is offline andyr  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Hi Hugh,

To answer your question, what I hear is:

Saksa has superior bass depth, tone and slam. The Naksa has superior mid range and treble incisiveness and resolution. The Saksa has better overall drive.

There are both excellent amps but I prefer the Saksa. I like the extra power and bass.
Thank you for posting these comments, Jim.

I selected NAKSA 80s for the mids & ribbons of my 3-way active Maggies (with Soraya modules on the bass panels). They replaced Lifeforce 55s. I'm delighted to know that I made the right choice of amps for these.

For the bass panels - I went over to Hugh's this morning and listened to a Maya 200. Terrific-sounding amp ... extremely quiet, very high resolution and great bass! I think at some stage, I will have to move to Maya modules instead of my Sorayas, for the bass panels!

Andy
Old 18th September 2017, 10:56 PM   #100
diyAudio Member

Not much said here!

I have a couple of modules in the custom box going off to Wisconsin today. Life in Melbourne during spring is wonderful, days are improving, up to 20C yesterday.

Today I'm visiting a Jaguar/Aston Martin workshop on the south side with Lyn, who has a very elegant AM which is about to be repainted. Refurbishing old classics is a big, difficult job, I want to see how their techniques are in the workshop.

I'm selling more Mayas and they really give extraordinary performance. I'm about to canvass my owners for their thoughts to put into the website - Maya owners, expect an email quite soon!

Ciao,

Hugh

Brand New Super AKSA - the SAKSA 85!Hide this!Advertise here!