Maya200 Maya200 - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 17th February 2016, 09:38 PM   #21
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Thank you Russell,

You have owned just about all my amps in the last 15 years, and I am very grateful for your interest and patronage, as I have feel for others here, such as PSP, Jens, AndyR, and many other discriminating people.

I have approached the design issue as a detective over more than 20 years now. I tried to play down the technology; it is secondary, the music is the primal requirement. And because we are people enjoying an art form, we cannot be ignored in the sound chain and there needs to be more work into what works and what does not. I am now convinced that global feedback is pivotal; but I remember something said many decades ago, 'Design an amplifier which is as linear as you can make it, then use a little feedback'. This is my maxim these days!

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited by AKSA; 17th February 2016 at 09:40 PM.
Old 18th February 2016, 12:19 AM   #22
stvnharr is offline stvnharr  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Barrier View Post
I'm really enjoying my new Maya. I think its sound is so pure and transparent.

Thanks Hugh
I couldn't have said it better.

Another thing to note is that the Maya is very very quiet. With only the amplifier on and connected to the speakers I can just barely hear some transformer noise if I have my ear right up against the speaker woofer. The Maya is far more quiet than any other of the Aspen amps.
Old 9th April 2016, 03:51 AM   #23
wombats777 is offline wombats777  Australia
diyAudio Member

Listening to the Maya right now and its very musical.
With A tube Pre it sounds pretty fantastic actually.
Simple design has great merits .
Stevie Wonder is in my Room
Best Regards to all
Garry
Old 9th April 2016, 07:20 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Hi Garry,

Thanks for your post..... on 20th April I'm presenting the Maya to the Melbourne Audio Club at the Willis Room, Whitehorse Council Auditorium. I have been playing the Maya around Melbourne in recent weeks and everyone is entranced; it is very resolving and the ambient information of the performance is better with this amp that I have ever heard, and indeed all my previous designs. I attach my flyer for the MAC, explaining my upcoming event.

Cheers,

Hugh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M200prod-1.jpg (784.5 KB, 478 views)
Attached Files
File Type: doc ASPEN MAYA AMP AND VSONICS SPEAKERS.doc (30.0 KB, 143 views)

Last edited by AKSA; 9th April 2016 at 07:23 AM.
Old 18th April 2016, 08:55 AM   #25
rajesh is offline rajesh  India
diyAudio Member

Is this still under development? I wonder why it is not listed on the website.
Old 18th April 2016, 08:57 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Yes, completed development and now on sale.

Yet to be put up on the website when I have figured out how to rejigged my websites.

Hugh
Old 20th April 2016, 11:59 PM   #27
Sound Barrier is offline Sound Barrier  Australia
diyAudio Member

Congratulations Hugh, your Maya presentation at the Melbourne Audio Club last night went superbly. Rarely have I enjoyed a meeting as much as this one.
Old 21st April 2016, 07:36 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Wow, thanks Russell!

I spent a lot of time on the music selection, and I was there at 6:15pm warming the amp and speakers. Nick run the Oppo very well and all my comments between pieces highlighted the aspects of the amp issues I think are important.

I do run out of words. They are there but the retrieval is slow; my HDD spins a lot less these days. But the ideas are OK, and a number of people during the break said that the comments were interesting and surprising.

I can never restrain myself from taking pot shots at the common lore of audio and the 'guru' who give us 'helpful' tips on design. I did not much dwell on harmonic distortion but I did take aim at the consumer, who thinks if the case is neat and the front panel is 15mm Al with CNC engraving and many lights and meters is a good amp. The visual presentation does not make a good amp, but the reverse does not attract buyers. The result is far too much money on the looks, particularly the front panel.

I thought Laurie's VSonics were just exceptional, very good range, dynamics, and resolution.

Thanks for coming along to the meet, Russell! To see you there and many other Aspen customers was very encouraging!

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited by AKSA; 21st April 2016 at 07:49 AM.
Old 22nd April 2016, 01:40 PM   #29
sene is offline sene  Jamaica
diyAudio Member

High Hugh
Always a good read to hear anything about the Maya...Is there any further development with the Maya 300 ?

senior
Old 23rd April 2016, 11:08 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Hi Sene,

Thank you for your post - I have a 200W in the market, and now you ask me for a 300W??? WOW!!

How many would you sell, do you reckon? Lot of heavy work to make a very big amp......

Cheers,

Hugh

Maya200Hide this!Advertise here!