Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 7th June 2017, 11:27 AM   #91
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Another plug 'n play Maya is born in Melbourne this week, and to be despatched to Singapore tomorrow.

I auditioned it for 36 hours and am well pleased. A beautiful amplifier!

It will have a marvellous life in SE Asia, the jewel of Singapore. I'm quite proud I have it in SE Asia; and of course, there is one with Suresh in southern India. YAY!!

Hugh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CLim-1.jpg (700.6 KB, 458 views)
File Type: jpg CLim-2.jpg (561.2 KB, 427 views)
File Type: jpg CLim-3.jpg (253.6 KB, 425 views)
Old 19th July 2017, 01:40 AM   #92
sene is offline sene  Jamaica
diyAudio Member

Hugh i sent an e-mail

No problem, Sene, all received and answered!

HD

Last edited by AKSA; 3rd August 2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12th January 2018, 10:48 PM   #93
diyAudio Member

I have just finished a brochure on the Maya 200 which I can attach here for perusal.

Cheers,

Hugh
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MAYA200 BROCHURE.pdf (654.9 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by AKSA; 14th January 2018 at 05:22 AM.
Old 13th January 2018, 10:41 PM   #94
manta_act is offline manta_act  Australia
diyAudio Member

Excellent brochure. Getting tempted.
Old 14th January 2018, 06:15 AM   #95
andyr is offline andyr  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta_act View Post
Excellent brochure. Getting tempted.
Hi Darren - long time no hear!

I am in the final stages of a change to my system which will see me having no further need of my AKSA GK-2R ... so I am interested to know whether you are still in the market for one.

Currently, my signal chain is as follows:
* sources (3 digital sources plus phono) --> GK-2R.
* GK-2R ... 4x analogue outputs --> my miniDSP 10x10HD.
* 8 analogue outs from the miniDSP --> 8 amp channels (sub / bass panel / mid panel / ribbon for L & R).

Which means that my 3x digital sources have gone through a D2A conversion (so as to be fed into the GK-2R) plus an A2D step (in the miniDSP unit).

The change will be as follows:
* use a high quality A2D unit to digitise my phono stage.
* use a digital input switcher to select 1 digital source from 4.
* feed the selected digital source into the digital input of my miniDSP.
* the 8 analogue outs from the miniDSP will go into an 8-channel, digitally-controlled, analogue volume control ('Relaixed').
* sub & bass channel outputs then go straight into their amps; mid & ribbon outputs go into 2 of Hugh's TLP buffers and then on to their amps ... to give the 'tube flavour' to these channels that the GK-2R does, now.

This arrangement:
* saves a D2A+A2D conversion for my 3 digital sources,
* provides a higher quality A2D conversion for my phono stage than that provided by the miniDSP unit, and
* makes the GK-2 redundant.

I won't have finished with this change until probably the end of Feb but please let me know if you're still interested in a GK-2R. Mine has:
* digitally-controlled, sealed relays for push button input selection - which won't degrade with use like a standard rotary selection switch does,
* fairly new, cryo-ed Tesla PCC88 valves - with a spare set of cryo-ed Telefunken PCC88s.
* a TKD stepped attenuator, as used by John Curl in his cost-no-object "BlowTorch" preamp (Hugh can attest as to the improvement this made!), and
* Clarity Cap / MultiCap output / interstage coupling capacitors.

Andy
Old 12th April 2018, 02:17 AM   #96
diyAudio Member

I have just received a marvellous testimonial of the Maya 200 from Simon Sterritt, an Englishman living near Marseilles in France. He is a lovely guy, very much an artisan and music lover, and he writes of his new amplifier here:

Quote:
I imagine that many people who build DIY amps have some background in electronics; I, however, have none so it was a with some trepidation that I ordered a Maya 200.

It turns out I need not have worried, as Hugh was always swift to help with any problems and with his assistance. I am now the proud owner of an exceptional power amplifier.

If you are thinking about taking the plunge, you could not be in better hands.
I am using my Maya in conjunction with a Modwright Oppo 205 source, followed by ARC Ref3 preamp & lastly my Troels Gravesen DTQWT III speakers. The Maya has given my system a wider and deeper sound stage, with a clarity and detail that I have not experienced before, all this whilst retaining the warmth associated with valve amps. The bass is very precise and natural sounding, whilst certain lyrics that have previously been a little unclear suddenly sound well articulated. This amp is definitely a keeper; I have very much enjoyed the build process of this and my speakers. Now I listen to my system with the sense of pride that comes from making efforts to build things yourself, and added to that, you get a lot of bang for your buck.

I would also like to thank Filipe, as he did some excellent design work to create a box for the Maya and kindly let anyone else use it .
I must add my thanks to Simon for his patience as I guided him during the assembly and implementation, and of course to Filipe, who was willing to give over his wonderful case design to the Aspen community.

Thanks Simon and Felipe! You've enriched the Aspen community more than you know.....

Hugh
Old 13th April 2018, 03:12 PM   #97
66deg is offline 66deg  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

Hi Hugh,
I hope these images have uploaded onto your thread and that the good people of DIY Audio can see this Maya in it's natural habitat.

Simon.
Old 13th April 2018, 11:05 PM   #98
diyAudio Member

Thank you Simon!!

It looks exactly like Felipe's, no difference at all, and spectacular in the listening area!

Hugh
Old 28th April 2018, 09:40 AM   #99
diyAudio Member

Default A BEAUTIFUL MAYA 200 IS CREATED IN SWEDEN!

Time to put up some wonderful pictures of a recent build in Malmo, Sweden, from Tore. He has built a wonderful Maya 200 from a couple of my modules using a wonderful case made, I believe, in Italy. Thank you Tore for these wonderful pictures!

Tore had no problems putting it all together, and it's a text book example of a clean, elegant build, up there with Filipe in Portugal. Here's his Maya!!

Cheers,

Hugh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MayaTM1.jpg (279.1 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg MayaTM2.jpg (107.2 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg MayaTM3.jpg (228.8 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg MayaTM4.jpg (190.6 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg MayaTM5.jpg (258.4 KB, 52 views)
Old 28th April 2018, 10:25 AM   #100
Bix is offline Bix  Australia
diyAudio Member

Maya200
Wow, that looks great, very nice.

Maya200Hide this!Advertise here!