• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Aspen Christmas 2015

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all present, past and future Aspen products....... in southern Australia this is a sweltering 35C day - the third day over 30C and likely to be drop to 25C only by end of weekend.

This year has been a heavy year of R&D and now, with new products, I am ready to roll. NAKSA 80 and NAKSA 125 will be continued - outstanding amps - then add the Maya 200 - the flagship, to bring us into the full 2016 year.

World politics is rearing its ugy head; Mid-East turmoil, capital markets in disarray in China, faltering improvements in the US, bust in the Australian resources sector, and the lowest oil prices we have seen in 20 years. Clearly we have a rough ride ahead.........

Thank you to my customers across 2015. Fortunately the AUD dollar has dropped 30% in the last 18 months, so 2016 will be a very good year for the company. My health is stable, so it couldn't be better!

Ciao,

Hugh

Interesting question Jaffrie, maybe in the future.

I spent some weeks with a good friend Jon on this and we can to the conclusive that with sufficient common chokes and additional caps we can make a smps on a Class AB amplifier almost as good as a linear supply.

However, the extra parts, common chokes and caps, ensure that the total cost is HIGHER than a linear supply with moderate cost toroids.

Disappointing, but there it is in our view. If common chokes and smps supplies drop further in cost, then this option will be viable. But not yet.

Thank you Zia, I hope that Dhaka is not too hot compared to a 35C sweltering summers day in Melbourne! Good health to you and your family.

Ciao,

Hugh

And here we are again!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all Aspen readers!!
I hope it's not too cold in the northern hemisphere; in southern Oz tomorrow it will be 35C in my town, not looking forward to the heat.

It's been a very good year, a lot of activity and a lot of interest and fulfilment.

The future looks somewhat dim as governments all over the world lurch to the right and the arms race threatens; OTOH the future has never been too wonderful all over the world for hundreds of years now, yet we prevail and the mankind grows at 213,000 new souls every day........ and accelerating fast.

Best to be optimistic, and sell more Aspens!

Cheers,

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.