• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AKSA historical kits model/types till date...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Naresh,

The AKSA series (55 and 100) and their standard, Nirvana and Nirvana Plus versions were produced from 2000 until 2006. Many hundreds were sold but in the finish the huge email support and the Australian dollar killed it off. I sold the AKSAs with hardcopy documentation, and resolved never to release the instructions in digital format. I then developed even more refined amplifiers, Lifeforce I and II, Soraya, and Maya I - and all were fully built and tested modules, sold usually as working modules but sometimes fully build to plug 'n play. In all case none of the schematic or detail was released to the 'wild'.

In 2011 I collaborated with four other guys (Sweden, UK, QLD and Victoria Australia) to produce the FetZilla, which also sold well and was very successful. This was an open design - cost only was $60 for two large pcbs with all the documentation. This is information is on this thread under FetZilla on this forum and is quite comprehensive.

I am now selling my NAKSA 80 and NAKSA 125 fully built/tested modules. I am about to release the Maya II, which is revolutionary and will seriously worry even the best amps in the world. Right now I'm working through all the production issues, and in a month or so I will release the first production run, which will be around 26 - 13 pairs. This will be 200W but with scalable output to around 300W and will be around $USD1550 a pair, warrantied with heatsinks.

If you are keen to build the AKSA, you can find plenty of information here at Greg Erskine's thread, the BAKSA, the Baby AKSA. Greg did a full on documentation and design stage for an AKSA 55 on this forum, with my authority. It is very nicely done and works just like the original AKSA 55. If this is your choice, it is a good one. If you want higher levels of sound and power quality, I point you towards my recent amplifiers which are quite extraordinary in their reality and reliability. If you would like some reviews on my amps, see Johnny Darko's DigitalAudioReview.com.au. He likes them a lot!!

Thank you for your interest,

Cheers,

Hugh R. Dean
Director
Aspen Amplifier P/L
Melbourne, Australia

Hugh,

For Maya II power amp, to clarify it should be $USD 1550 for one and you need a pair for stereo so $USD 3100 total for amp? You also need to buy transformer, case, connectors, power cords, and other stuff. The price of the amp for sale should be stated in australian dollar.

Yes AS,

Thanks for your post. This is an indicative cost, and the price, roughly $AUD2200, is a PAIR of modules, each with their only 12" x 4" heatsink fully built/adjusted/tested, and this will be sold WITHOUT transformers since shipping these very heavy items is extremely expensive.

Still planning in this, as I have said indicative, it may be a little less but this is ballpark.

Cheers,

Hugh

AS,

You are exposing my future intentions here, fair enough - here is the gen.

The NAKSA 200 exists and is very good. The Maya 200 exists and is even better, the flagship. I will very likely continue to sell the NAKSA 125 in the range but offer the higher power Maya 200 so that it does not steal sales and yet offers even more power and sound quality. The NAKSA 125 will remain at $AUD1620 for two modules including heatsinks but without case and transformers. The NAKSA 80 sells for $AUD930 for two modules and heatsink - one heatsink, one pcb for two channels - as the entry amp.

This will then complete the entire range; 80W, 125W, 200W and ultimately a 300W built out on Maya technology as it is highly scalable.

I am glad you consider these are good prices; since I design, build, market, and sell myself (admittedly not well marketed, not my best feature!) AND these modules are sold not complete, I can offer these at a keen price compared to many plug 'n plug amps with similar high build and sound quality.

Kapitz? Thank you for asking the good questions.......

Hugh

Hi Senior,

Thank you for your interest!

The new Maya will be the flagship, the best amp I've ever done, but it will be expensive.... I do not expect to sell too many as the NAKSA 80 is the biggest seller.

The Maya is scaleable, and will deliver up to more than 300W with 75V rails. I want say more than that because I am concentrating on the 200W version, which will use 62V rails.

I have found a way to fully stabilise a wideband amp using simple, shunt compensation. This has palpable benefits for the sonics. It's always fitted with offset protection which was designed for me by a good friend in Melbourne. The biggest issues, as with any amps, are the pcb design and the BOM; more than six months. Harmonic profile is wonderful; H2 is predominant, and upper orders are linear reducing. Steve H. tells me that it is easily the best amp he's heard, and he's heard plenty..... but these are subjective results and I'm still waiting on technical specs. The 200 will be around $USD1550 including new, larger heatsinks, built/tested/warrantied, requiring only an enclosure and a larger 500VA transformer with two 45Vac secondaries. I have all my amps made in a factory these days with sophisticated smd techniques but the lead time is very long - almost two months.

This is a teaser, not too much, but I will post more details as they come to me. The main amps will continue the NAKSA series, and again, thanks for the interest!

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

This is going to be a seriously nice lineup for the Aspen products!

For myself, I would be heavily interested in the Maya II (provided I can find a way to finance it, as I would need two sets ...).

Any chance that there will be a lower wattage Maya II with two channels on a single heatsink?

I realise that this would probably kill off the succesful NAKSA 80 ...

Or can the wattage of the Maya IIs be lowered to around 100 watts, just by using a smaller, lower voltage tranny?

Cheers,

Jens

Hi Jens,

The audio space is extremely competitive, and to stay alive I have to offer a range from 80W to 200W and beyond, with price settings delivering even more sonic quality as you go up the line. I cannot offer a 80W Maya; it would destroy all my lower power products, and I have to hold to this because the market is totally ruthless and uncaring. Look at the auto market; BMW will sell you a four cylinder 2 litre, but for the same car with a 2.5 litre six cylinder engine you pay at least $18k more!! Yet, the 'entry' level is a very competent, durable car..... and so it is with the NAKSA 80.

I am sorry, but I have to calibrate my products carefully to reflect the market realities.

Cheers,

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.