• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AKSA 100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Hugh and Others, I don't know if it is appropriate to ask this question here but I did ask in another thread and really didn't receive a reply. If it is not appropriate simply let me know...

I am considering the NAKSA125 or SKAGB150D as an upgrade path... so my question is, which would you prefer sound-wise and a little reason why would be nice... thanks :)
AHsJFJhC1JVdTiwNFHjIzQRYghQooATggIBTTTRlyNVL0Z4COQLoGuCnQgAduFxBEWgoDaMibGzFWSPmU4csj+wM1PKj1okIIUjp6WEESB+BGGKhQHUrj5U6CaosGTVmjgxZfDhtogIpxgAJAgBgmZTpC5kNAxkcmaIq1B1PgSotWCgQzyIagHx4afCnFZqFdF5IKWCKgGENQxAxKdGi1yBCpWrMCCDCAC0TAdrsuGRDyAcYFIJ0QSDAAIIEiQBEYpWEh5JXTySZAQBmxYADD8KQaOQCTi8cXFZ5cGRBDYRUZd6AuiFnIIhOW1QQucCBFxJMLM7QFTgiioNZheYuAgwIADs=

PP,
I have not seen or heard the SKA150, and cannot answer your question!! Generally, I make no comment on other products, since I would not expect manufacturers to comment on my products either. I understand the SKA is a good amp, but the topology is different and therefore the sound; it is a symmetrical design, and uses full global negative feedback. The NAKSA is an asymmetrical design up to the output stage (which is PP, AB) but there is very little negative global feedback (23dB compared to most amps that use around 50-70dB).

If you live in Melbourne, then come and see me and I can lend you an audition amp to check it out at your home. Otherwise, talk to me and I might be able to find someone in your area who has a NAKSA who might offer you a listen.

The agreed comments on the NAKSA are that the sound is very natural, musical, and with a deep and wide sound stage. It is very quiet (less than -105dBA). These words are of course mostly subjective, so you really need to hear it yourself.

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:
PP,
My intention over a long, long period has been to design and build amps that improve steadily. I can't write about the sound quality, it's like explaining the difference in colour to a blind man, so, to re-iterate my question, if you communicate via email or PM I will endeavour to get an amp to you so you can listen to one. Preferably if you live in Melbourne, the answer could not be easier.

My thanks to Peter and Steve who tried to answer an almost impossible question!

Cheers,

Hugh

PP,
My intention over a long, long period has been to design and build amps that improve steadily. I can't write about the sound quality, it's like explaining the difference in colour to a blind man, so, to re-iterate my question, if you communicate via email or PM I will endeavour to get an amp to you so you can listen to one. Preferably if you live in Melbourne, the answer could not be easier.

My thanks to Peter and Steve who tried to answer an almost impossible question!
Hi Hugh, I am sorry that it is an impossible question and impossible for you to write about sound quality... you will need to forgive me for asking an impossible question, which I believe is the type of question that I would have thought everybody asks :confused:

Thank you for trying and I will give it all further thought until I am happy to make a decision...

In the meantime, if there is any further information/impressions that can be provided then that would be appreciated... thanks :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.