• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Hugh is again behind with his work.... ahem.........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Folks,

I'm sorry to let you know that I'm held back at present, working very slowly do to health issues. Nothing wrong serious, but working on my medications to get blood pressure down. It has been slowing down my work for customers, and I'm very distressed about it, but as of today I think the right pills are working very nicely so things should quickly improve.

My sincerely apologies for delays, but unfortunately it's actually not my doing; I'm doing well very nicely with my recovering strategies!

Ciao,

Hugh

Thanks Rom,

Very nice of you....... yep, I'm getting better!

I've just bought a DAB+ clock radio and I'm now going bananas trying to interpret the digital instructions so I can preset stations and alarm functions!!

I have to take a few rests so my BP doesn't go through the roof........

Isn't this a wonderful digital world we all live in? I know a 10 year old child could do this in ten minutes; it will take me a few hours. How do that do that? Brilliant......

Cheers,

Hugh

Folks,

I'm sorry to let you know that I'm held back at present, working very slowly do to health issues. Nothing wrong serious, but working on my medications to get blood pressure down. It has been slowing down my work for customers, and I'm very distressed about it, but as of today I think the right pills are working very nicely so things should quickly improve.

My sincerely apologies for delays, but unfortunately it's actually not my doing; I'm doing well very nicely with my recovering strategies!

Ciao,

Hugh

I don't believe you, Hugh!! :p

I think you've been having too many coffees with friends & customers - kafe increases your BP, didn'tcha know - and that's why you're behind! ;)

Regards,

Andy

Well Hugh,

Worry about your health first and foremost! Any customer not understanding your situation is not worth having ;)

And what is a short delay when we can get these wonderful products from you? Once customers get their stufff, they will know almost instantly that it was worth waiting for :D

And then, when you get your health issues under control, you will be able to work more efficiently, making up for lost time eventually :)

All the best to you and your family,

Jens

Recovery Strategies & offering UK customers a listen to the N80

Hugh, re your post to let us know how you are; a Recovery Strategy is only as strong as its weakest link, & whilst yours was clearly superb for a getting you safely out of hospital, it now needs a 'loop' included which monitors how you are on a regular basis!

I still get caught out sometimes and end up having some minor intervention. So, lets put this down to 'fine tuning' shall we. And, you'll need to work on that recreational coffee vs BP a little until its perfect, much as you solve a circuit board challenge. I discovered recently I can include half a 6X without disturbing my heavy duty medicinal regime - provided I monitor results... It's all down to attention to detail, timing, & our wiring too, of course :)

Graeme spent many hours with me in the UK with that NAKSA 80 of his. First listening to it without knowing he'd switched the boxes around. "I've changed 'something' and you'll have to work out what. i'll be back in 2 days"... Well, even if something is 'worse' we might initially have adapted to its sound. Thus, I wasn't just hearing an amp change, but a switch of 'music filter' too. There was also a switch in incons & possibly a mains lead too.

We must be so careful not to muddy the field for others on their 'first hear' with variables we're all familiar with, when the punter (muggins, here) knows nowt. I know what I like. And, put a track on I know inside out, like tracks from:
Peer Gynt, 'Adventures in a Yorkshire Landscape', 'Jazziz presents music from Nova (AR sponsored) or even Bongo Fury: 'Advance Romance', & I'd know in an instant which I prefer...

Later, we compared Amarra with Audirvarna and eventually with fine tuning via another chat room music fiend with a NAD M51 and NAKSA. I'm inclined to agree that Amarra sounds more 'organic' 'analogue' & so on, but, the Audirvana wins out on clarity, & im told (for a non computer type, this one's easier than Amarra - for me..

So, I now have it sounding beautiful . Thank you, Graeme. And Hugh. It is a beautiful amp. With even deeper bass than the N70. So much more detail: and so easy to hear too. I couldn't help enjoying details I've never noticed before. 'Walking bass lines' I didn't know existed, or bass guitar & piano interplays... I could go on. With that Jazziz record, I was able to sit through Bassically Speaking & enjoy it, sort of... There's another track, designed to test your amps resolving abilities. My last amp managed 4-5 seconds, but the NAKSA 80 easily doubled that. And that's with near silence. Imagine how good that'd be with music...

If anyone's still unsure about buying the NAKSA 80 after waiting forever [i waited nearly 10 years before ordering the N70]. :( Or, even after reading John Darko's excellent review, let me just say, "Give it a go. You'll almost certainly be Very Glad You Did. :p And, if you live in the UK, I'm available for a demo in the SW. Steve

Thanks Steve,

Appreciate your concern for my recovery!

Right now in Oz it's very cold, early days are 3-5C, 1pm is no more than 15C. This knocks me around and slows me, I can only spend an hour out of three in the workshop.

I am better this week than last, and hopefully will be better next week........

So you like the NAKSA 80? Thank you, I am relieved, this was a long, difficult project and right now I'm behind horrifically on my orders. Sorry guys, but working hard now!

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:
Thanks Steve,

Appreciate your concern for my recovery!

Right now in Oz it's very cold, early days are 3-5C, 1pm is no more than 15C. This knocks me around and slows me, I can only spend an hour out of three in the workshop.

I am better this week than last, and hopefully will be better next week........

So you like the NAKSA 80? Thank you, I am relieved, this was a long, difficult project and right now I'm behind horrifically on my orders. Sorry guys, but working hard now!

Cheers,

Hugh

Hugh I'm our of a job again in a couple of weeks - maybe I should come down and help you?
Congrats on the fine feedback on the new amp !!

Thanks Jens!!

Hi AJ,

I'm sorry you are out of work. I suspect this will happen for more people in Oz in the next year. If you come to Melbourne I will give you a few days accommodation and buy some good food. However, you will be off your face with too much coffee, I warn you!

Today I went to ABC Southbank where they broadcast in ABC FM, JJJ, and do recording for numerous performances in the Iwaki Auditorium.

I was shown to the Control Recording Room, with a 32 channel C200 mixer and huge arrays of speakers, amps and instruments.

To my astonishment I saw there the Universal Series Grover Notting reference, used for mixing down and producing broadcasting and recording.

Frank designed the speakers, I designed the amps. The crossover was designed by Paul Bysouth. I asked the chief engineer what he should. His answer was typically understated.

We use only ever the GN system because it has no listener fatigue - we often work at 10hours sessions - and it delivers tonal accuracy at very low volume as well as high. We have unprecedented image depth and width, and more detail than any other system, including North American and European systems. We will be buying more of these systems for all recording studios around the country.

I came home in the train thinking that we have designed something that delivers music to very discerning recording engineers, who have no loyalty to any brand, only performance. I came away thinking there was no higher praise.......

Cheers,

Hugh

Hi Rom, Gareth, Gaetan,

The crossover and speakers count for a lot too; I was amused to see the expensive products bought over the years that all the Engineers won't use because they don't work at low output, or don't suit for orchestras, or are noisy. And the list is surprising, OTOH their buying patterns are driven by 'budgetary votes', accountancy choices, and known 'good' brands. I ever saw one low cost PA amp there which they admitted they cannot use at all! I guess this is right across the marketplace; I was raised on Toyotas, but in my middle years I used Fords, but now, finally, I'm back to Toyotas.

Thanks for the plaudits; it is great to have a great product, but you have to sell it, and that's the hard part.......

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:

Attachments

• g_fcv2.jpg
    g_fcv2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 327
Hi Hugh,
Take care of your health. More important than anything else.
You should try the yoga exercise called 'shav asana' . Basically it's lying flat on your back in a comfortable position and slowly relax your limbs section by section till you relax all parts of your body. You should breathe in deeply and exhale slowly . You will feel very heavy when fully relaxed. May not happen the first time you try it !
Stay in a relaxed position for as long as you can. Some can manage more than 20 mins ! This brings down BP. I've checked this with a measurement before and after the exercise. If you have a BP problem you should do it 3 times a day ! Supposed to fix the problem in a month !
Check with someone who knows Yoga. The Web is there also !
Cheers,
Ashok.

Thanks Gaetan, Raj and Ashok,

I appreciate the sentiments, it's a great encouragement!

I am getting better, but my energy is still poor.

Gareth, I had a good look at the LFA Toyota. 4.8 litres, V10 of 560bhp, over 320kph. I love it.... the features are probably better than a Ferrari.

Yamaha is about to release a 850 cc three cylinder spots motorcycle of 414 lbs and 115bhp. The design is outstanding, worth a look, the FZ-09.

Cheers,

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.