Hugh is again behind with his work.... ahem......... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > AKSA

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 8th June 2013, 07:38 AM   #1
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Hugh is again behind with his work.... ahem.........

Folks,

I'm sorry to let you know that I'm held back at present, working very slowly do to health issues. Nothing wrong serious, but working on my medications to get blood pressure down. It has been slowing down my work for customers, and I'm very distressed about it, but as of today I think the right pills are working very nicely so things should quickly improve.

My sincerely apologies for delays, but unfortunately it's actually not my doing; I'm doing well very nicely with my recovering strategies!

Ciao,

Hugh
Old 8th June 2013, 08:02 AM   #2
unmibh is offline unmibh  Bosnia and Herzegovina
diyAudio Member

Hi Hugh,

I am happy to see you back with a wonderful new product the NAKSA 80.

Just take things a bit slow, and hope that you fully recover.

Ciao,
Rom
Old 8th June 2013, 08:39 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks Rom,

Very nice of you....... yep, I'm getting better!

I've just bought a DAB+ clock radio and I'm now going bananas trying to interpret the digital instructions so I can preset stations and alarm functions!!

I have to take a few rests so my BP doesn't go through the roof........

Isn't this a wonderful digital world we all live in? I know a 10 year old child could do this in ten minutes; it will take me a few hours. How do that do that? Brilliant......

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 8th June 2013, 10:05 AM   #4
andyr is offline andyr  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSA View Post
Folks,

I'm sorry to let you know that I'm held back at present, working very slowly do to health issues. Nothing wrong serious, but working on my medications to get blood pressure down. It has been slowing down my work for customers, and I'm very distressed about it, but as of today I think the right pills are working very nicely so things should quickly improve.

My sincerely apologies for delays, but unfortunately it's actually not my doing; I'm doing well very nicely with my recovering strategies!

Ciao,

Hugh
I don't believe you, Hugh!!

I think you've been having too many coffees with friends & customers - kafe increases your BP, didn'tcha know - and that's why you're behind!

Regards,

Andy
Old 8th June 2013, 11:00 AM   #5
just another
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
It has been slowing down my work for customers, and I'm very distressed about it
Theres your problem Hugh, a feedback loop take it easy, I'm sure your customers will be more than happy when they get their deliveries. Hope it's under control soon.

Tony.
Old 8th June 2013, 12:10 PM   #6
Jens A. is offline Jens A.  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Well Hugh,

Worry about your health first and foremost! Any customer not understanding your situation is not worth having

And what is a short delay when we can get these wonderful products from you? Once customers get their stufff, they will know almost instantly that it was worth waiting for

And then, when you get your health issues under control, you will be able to work more efficiently, making up for lost time eventually

All the best to you and your family,

Jens
Old 19th June 2013, 04:52 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Recovery Strategies & offering UK customers a listen to the N80

Hugh, re your post to let us know how you are; a Recovery Strategy is only as strong as its weakest link, & whilst yours was clearly superb for a getting you safely out of hospital, it now needs a 'loop' included which monitors how you are on a regular basis!

I still get caught out sometimes and end up having some minor intervention. So, lets put this down to 'fine tuning' shall we. And, you'll need to work on that recreational coffee vs BP a little until its perfect, much as you solve a circuit board challenge. I discovered recently I can include half a 6X without disturbing my heavy duty medicinal regime - provided I monitor results... It's all down to attention to detail, timing, & our wiring too, of course

Graeme spent many hours with me in the UK with that NAKSA 80 of his. First listening to it without knowing he'd switched the boxes around. "I've changed 'something' and you'll have to work out what. i'll be back in 2 days"... Well, even if something is 'worse' we might initially have adapted to its sound. Thus, I wasn't just hearing an amp change, but a switch of 'music filter' too. There was also a switch in incons & possibly a mains lead too.

We must be so careful not to muddy the field for others on their 'first hear' with variables we're all familiar with, when the punter (muggins, here) knows nowt. I know what I like. And, put a track on I know inside out, like tracks from:
Peer Gynt, 'Adventures in a Yorkshire Landscape', 'Jazziz presents music from Nova (AR sponsored) or even Bongo Fury: 'Advance Romance', & I'd know in an instant which I prefer...

Later, we compared Amarra with Audirvarna and eventually with fine tuning via another chat room music fiend with a NAD M51 and NAKSA. I'm inclined to agree that Amarra sounds more 'organic' 'analogue' & so on, but, the Audirvana wins out on clarity, & im told (for a non computer type, this one's easier than Amarra - for me..

So, I now have it sounding beautiful . Thank you, Graeme. And Hugh. It is a beautiful amp. With even deeper bass than the N70. So much more detail: and so easy to hear too. I couldn't help enjoying details I've never noticed before. 'Walking bass lines' I didn't know existed, or bass guitar & piano interplays... I could go on. With that Jazziz record, I was able to sit through Bassically Speaking & enjoy it, sort of... There's another track, designed to test your amps resolving abilities. My last amp managed 4-5 seconds, but the NAKSA 80 easily doubled that. And that's with near silence. Imagine how good that'd be with music...

If anyone's still unsure about buying the NAKSA 80 after waiting forever [i waited nearly 10 years before ordering the N70]. Or, even after reading John Darko's excellent review, let me just say, "Give it a go. You'll almost certainly be Very Glad You Did. And, if you live in the UK, I'm available for a demo in the SW. Steve
Old 24th June 2013, 11:10 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Thanks Steve,

Appreciate your concern for my recovery!

Right now in Oz it's very cold, early days are 3-5C, 1pm is no more than 15C. This knocks me around and slows me, I can only spend an hour out of three in the workshop.

I am better this week than last, and hopefully will be better next week........

So you like the NAKSA 80? Thank you, I am relieved, this was a long, difficult project and right now I'm behind horrifically on my orders. Sorry guys, but working hard now!

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited by AKSA; 24th June 2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 26th June 2013, 10:07 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thanks Steve,

Appreciate your concern for my recovery!

Right now in Oz it's very cold, early days are 3-5C, 1pm is no more than 15C. This knocks me around and slows me, I can only spend an hour out of three in the workshop.

I am better this week than last, and hopefully will be better next week........

So you like the NAKSA 80? Thank you, I am relieved, this was a long, difficult project and right now I'm behind horrifically on my orders. Sorry guys, but working hard now!

Cheers,

Hugh
Hugh I'm our of a job again in a couple of weeks - maybe I should come down and help you?
Congrats on the fine feedback on the new amp !!
Old 27th June 2013, 12:03 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Thanks Jens!!

Hi AJ,

I'm sorry you are out of work. I suspect this will happen for more people in Oz in the next year. If you come to Melbourne I will give you a few days accommodation and buy some good food. However, you will be off your face with too much coffee, I warn you!

Today I went to ABC Southbank where they broadcast in ABC FM, JJJ, and do recording for numerous performances in the Iwaki Auditorium.

I was shown to the Control Recording Room, with a 32 channel C200 mixer and huge arrays of speakers, amps and instruments.

To my astonishment I saw there the Universal Series Grover Notting reference, used for mixing down and producing broadcasting and recording.

Frank designed the speakers, I designed the amps. The crossover was designed by Paul Bysouth. I asked the chief engineer what he should. His answer was typically understated.

We use only ever the GN system because it has no listener fatigue - we often work at 10hours sessions - and it delivers tonal accuracy at very low volume as well as high. We have unprecedented image depth and width, and more detail than any other system, including North American and European systems. We will be buying more of these systems for all recording studios around the country.

I came home in the train thinking that we have designed something that delivers music to very discerning recording engineers, who have no loyalty to any brand, only performance. I came away thinking there was no higher praise.......

Cheers,

Hugh

Hide this!Advertise here!