New NAKSA now arrived! - Page 9 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > AKSA

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 13th July 2013, 08:04 PM   #81
Hogg is offline Hogg  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello Hugh,

I have a NAKSA 70; a wonderful amp. Is the new NAKSA 80 a drop in replacement for the NAKSA 70? I'd like to use the same enclosure. Thank you.

Jim
Old 13th July 2013, 10:43 PM   #82
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your post! Paul had told me about your amp, I think it was in his home (?) at one time, it's a small world!
Yes, the N80 is a drop replacement of the N70. pcb is same size and holes in correct places. Same heatsink is just fine.
I've had two customers same that if the N70 is 7.5/10, that N80 is 10/10 and maybe even more.

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 24th July 2013, 10:27 AM   #83
diyAudio Member

I'm happy, Today my Naksa 80 arrived save and sound at my doorstep.
Old 24th July 2013, 11:05 AM   #84
diyAudio Member

Patrick,

Great news! It's a long way from Oz to Belgium!

I sent you an email just now.

I hope you can get it up and running very soon, I really look forward to your thoughts about the sound quality!

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 24th July 2013, 11:16 AM   #85
diyAudio Member

Just one week on its way I call that fast delivery
Old 29th July 2013, 11:44 AM   #86
diyAudio Member

Patrick,
How are you going with your new NAKSA?
Got it running now?

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 29th July 2013, 12:02 PM   #87
diyAudio Member

Hugh,
I let the Naksa burn in for a while,also will recieve the casing this week.The front panel will get a nice engraving. I did listen for a while and suddenly I tought something is wrong with the amp or speakers.Listened again with my ear almost against the speakers did here it the second time but now I know what it was namely a lot of details I never heard before .After everthing is build in the casing I'll review the Naksa again but I can say for now open sound with a lot off detail and strong bass and voices are sounding so relaxed and never harsh even at high volume.This is my preliminary conclusion of the Naksa
Old 30th July 2013, 05:03 AM   #88
seano is offline seano  Australia
diyAudio Member

Greetings all...long time no blather. Very glad to hear that Hugh is a long way from dead and seemingly getting further away each day. An achievement in itself!

As a long time AKSA owner of a now ancient (despite being only a decade old) AKSA 100 Nirvana...I feel the need to move on. Especially since the power supply in the Old Girl has a few conniptions. So much so I took it out of service last year...along with a Redgum DAC.

Question is...can I jam the 80 into the bespoke Hugh Dean designed case in which the A100N modules currently reside?

...and I seriously need to get the GK-1 back together...nine years in cupboard in pieces is just too long.
Old 30th July 2013, 05:55 AM   #89
diyAudio Member

Hi Sean,

Welcome back!! Thank you for best wishes for my resurrection, I must saying I'm enjoying it........

Yes, you use the NAKSA 80, but you could not use the heatsinks as they have ledges. Either remove one of the ledges on one of them, remachine so it's flat, OR, put the NAKSA into the base of the bottom, using the case to dissipate the heat. You will need only ONE transformer, 300VA with two 30Vac secondaries, for an NAKSA 80.

It sounds a lot of better than the AKSA 100, but short of about 25 watts. Loud enough for the house, but not enough for the vineyard......

Patrick,

Thank you for your impressions! I'm glad it's up and running, and look forward to a long listen and your deeper thoughts!

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 30th July 2013, 06:27 AM   #90
seano is offline seano  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSA View Post
Hi Sean,

Welcome back!! Thank you for best wishes for my resurrection, I must saying I'm enjoying it........

Yes, you use the NAKSA 80, but you could not use the heatsinks as they have ledges. Either remove one of the ledges on one of them, remachine so it's flat, OR, put the NAKSA into the base of the bottom, using the case to dissipate the heat. You will need only ONE transformer, 300VA with two 30Vac secondaries, for an NAKSA 80.

It sounds a lot of better than the AKSA 100, but short of about 25 watts. Loud enough for the house, but not enough for the vineyard......
Glad to hear it....

So the heatsink are identical in size to the old AKSA 100 sinks?? Machining off the ledges should be a doddle as would fitting it to the case - is it only four holes to mount the module to the heatsink?. Alternatively, I could get new NAKSA heatsink machined locally to fit the existing case...hmmm..options...

As for the transformer...you like this one? http://www.tortech.com.au/product/0300-2-030/

The vineyard has its own stereo now (placed in the shed). No need for the NAKSA to entertain it...

Last edited by seano; 30th July 2013 at 06:41 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!