New NAKSA now arrived! - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > AKSA

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2013, 01:27 AM   #41
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Art M,

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. I will think on them carefully!

Cheers,

Hugh
__________________
Aspen Amplifiers P/L (Australia)
www.aksaonline.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 04:34 AM   #42
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art M View Post
I don't think this Forum exists for the primary purpose of supplying commercial
vendors like Aksa a platform to push their Ideology and Products to all exclusion
of other views.

Maybe this venue is not the appropriate one for selling your more recent Products ?
Art,
Have you also gone to the other diy manufacturer forums that actively promote and sell their products on their forums here, and tell them essentially the same that you have posted here? Some of those forums are quite active compared to the Aksa forum.
Or have you just singled out this one forum?

Are you familiar with Jason's September 2011 post on the nature of the vendor forums on diyaudio that is referred to in Post #32 in this thread?
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 07:56 AM   #43
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanchile View Post
$930 AUD per one module?..that will be around $1800 USD for a stereo!...Wow that is insane This remains me of the brand BOSE lol.
Do not get me wrong but, with that much money I can build an excellent amp from some of our members here like: Nelson pass, Crazycat, Anthony (Aussie amplifier) or my favorite the M400 from HDamp and still have a lot money left.
That AKSA 80 can be an excellent amp kit, but I do not see, picture or find in my mind that people are willing to pay that much money for an AMP KIT
Even though I will not buy these amp kits, I think if He gets "realistic" and lower the insane price He can get more customers.
Wait a minute !!

Isn't this is a commerical section and the vendor can charge what he likes ? No one is twisting your arm to buy anything from anyone here.

You can pay over 300K for an amp at www.HigherFi.com !! check it out

regards
Trev
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 10:13 AM   #44
Luke is offline Luke  New Zealand
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Wellington NZ
Send a message via AIM to Luke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art M View Post
I don't think this Forum exists for the primary purpose of supplying commercial
vendors like Aksa a platform to push their Ideology and Products to all exclusion
of other views.
can you imagine putting hundreds of hours R&D into a product which is your full time job and then someone telling you what a rip it is?
I know I would loose my temper from time to time too.

Just an interesting thing someone in the industry told me a while ago. I'm not sure how true it is but relevant to this discussion. A certain manufacturers mainframe costs $10 million to buy (can cost a lot more or less depending on the deal) yet they only cost $42K to build. The rest is R&D divided by projected units sold plus margin.
__________________
If you give a man a fish he will eat for a day. But if you teach a man to fish he will buy an ugly hat. And if you talk about fish to a starving man then you are a consultant. Dilbert
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 10:49 AM   #45
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: a littlee town in western denmark
Hello Hugh and other
For long time ago ,i bought a Lifeforce 100...i do not own it anymore,,,but the only reason is the power...for my speaker i need a good deal more. (i use now a gryphon amp 1000w 4ohm)..but i will tell you,,i have newer heard a better diy amp than this Lifeforce..my brother use it now,and is wery happy with this amp..
The reason why i write this,,is to tell those people who said Aksa product cost too much money ,,,,have you ever heard it ??? it is not fair to be mad of the price,,without having heard the amp..i have not heard the new one.. so i will not have any ideer about it..
but i will hope the great musicality from the Lifeforce.. is still in this new amp
maybe some day Hugh,, you will come with a bigger amp..---

Have a nice day
Bjarne
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 11:27 AM   #46
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Thanks Guys,

Much appreciated.

The NAKSA 80 was developed prior to July 2012, just before I suffered an aortic aneurisym. I was in a coma for almost a month, and when I came through I could not speak or write. I didn't mind the damage to the body, I'm 62 now and age is inevitable, but I used the next six month during my recovery to prove to myself that my brain could work.

Because audio is my life, I loved the work. But moving from the prototype/proof version to production layout took me during the time from Sep 12 until May 13, and there was a lot of work and organisation in difficult circumstances. I had a lot of encouragement and a couple of very, very clever, helpful friends, and they helped with the tested, organisation, and numerous visits. At the time I was helping with a proaudio design, which is now a reality too, and one is used by our national broadcasting, the ABC.

The NAKSA 80 is the last design, and is up to the minute with sonic performance. Perhaps I put into 300 hours, it's hard to put a figure. But for people who think it's too expensive, then they should never buy it. I won't buy a Benz AMG 6.3 either, but I can dream...... at least my amps are affordable, perhaps I'm the fool.

My daughter works for a fashion accessory company in NYC. She tells me they have a $40K crocodile handbag - and they well well. In our area, regard D'Agostino's latest amp - I think they are about $50K (or maybe more?). Good luck to him. If he sell them most people of us will be amazed, but there are plenty of wealthy people around.

I've done my 10,000 hours, and I've done my dues. I have something with my amps that I believe are quite something, and I won't give up now!!

I really need to get my throw headache, it's driving me mad..... to all my customers, please indulge me a few more days, I'm spending most of my day in darkened bedroom, the legacy of my illness last year.

Bjarne, I'm working with bigger amps, count on it!!

It would be great if the thread could get back to the original topic!!

Cheers,

Hugh
__________________
Aspen Amplifiers P/L (Australia)
www.aksaonline.com

Last edited by AKSA; 5th June 2013 at 11:33 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 11:44 AM   #47
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: a littlee town in western denmark
Great to hear you are back again Hugh (we get older and the health do not get better)
I wait for Jens to try his naksa 80--his system are real top class..so i think his test will tell all about the naksa
best Bjarne
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 01:37 PM   #48
diyAudio Member
 
supernet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Europe
Since we live in global free world market, every seller or manufacturer has a chance to state the price, how he or she or company management wants. The same goes for customers or buyers this days. He or she will decide, where wants to spend their money and for what price. In this days of google, making a decision was never before easier.

As regard the prices...the truth is in the eye of beholder. Some people are happy driving VW mk7 Golf instead of high salary, as on the other side, some folks wants Porsche or AMG. Anyway...normally we make a opinion on car after ride. The same should go on audio, right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 03:35 PM   #49
Bigun is online now Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Bigun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSA View Post
It would be great if the thread could get back to the original topic!!
Hugh,

This new amp sounds exciting, you've made some further changes in your approach here by using a pair of MOSFETs in the output. Can you tell us more about this, what was your thinking behind this and the kind of 'sound' you were looking to achieve ?

I think also you continue to emphasize the importance of the power supply and by integrating it with the amp you are able to guarantee good results - is this correct ?
__________________
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 05:00 PM   #50
diyAudio Member
 
meanman1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Belgium the land of chocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSA View Post
Thanks Guys,

Much appreciated.

The NAKSA 80 was developed prior to July 2012, just before I suffered an aortic aneurisym. I was in a coma for almost a month, and when I came through I could not speak or write. I didn't mind the damage to the body, I'm 62 now and age is inevitable, but I used the next six month during my recovery to prove to myself that my brain could work.

Because audio is my life, I loved the work. But moving from the prototype/proof version to production layout took me during the time from Sep 12 until May 13, and there was a lot of work and organisation in difficult circumstances. I had a lot of encouragement and a couple of very, very clever, helpful friends, and they helped with the tested, organisation, and numerous visits. At the time I was helping with a proaudio design, which is now a reality too, and one is used by our national broadcasting, the ABC.

The NAKSA 80 is the last design, and is up to the minute with sonic performance. Perhaps I put into 300 hours, it's hard to put a figure. But for people who think it's too expensive, then they should never buy it. I won't buy a Benz AMG 6.3 either, but I can dream...... at least my amps are affordable, perhaps I'm the fool.

My daughter works for a fashion accessory company in NYC. She tells me they have a $40K crocodile handbag - and they well well. In our area, regard D'Agostino's latest amp - I think they are about $50K (or maybe more?). Good luck to him. If he sell them most people of us will be amazed, but there are plenty of wealthy people around.

I've done my 10,000 hours, and I've done my dues. I have something with my amps that I believe are quite something, and I won't give up now!!

I really need to get my throw headache, it's driving me mad..... to all my customers, please indulge me a few more days, I'm spending most of my day in darkened bedroom, the legacy of my illness last year.

Bjarne, I'm working with bigger amps, count on it!!

It would be great if the thread could get back to the original topic!!

Cheers,

Hugh
It makes this amp even more special
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Naksa vs others, again Sjef AKSA 14 13th February 2013 09:22 PM
Naksa Professor smith AKSA 57 14th February 2012 01:42 PM
In-rush Protection for NAKSA 70 Hogg AKSA 8 23rd August 2011 01:44 AM
New parts arrived & will foloow with kit, !!!!S1 12pcs arrived from Holland!!!! tube-lover Swap Meet 1 4th September 2004 12:29 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:48 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2