Naksa vs others, again - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > AKSA

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 11th February 2013, 09:54 PM   #11
Sjef is offline Sjef  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hi Jens,

Are you going for a holiday or on a buisiness trip ?

Ayways, do not feel obliged in any way.
I am in town in that period.
Would be nice to here the Naksa's.

Just recently I realized that I have been running in circles for the last 7 years. My system always returns into the state it was 7 years ago despite the introduction of class d amps, hemp cone drivers, raal ribbons, and more of the latest fashion. Didn't like all of them. The JBL woofer/ Phy mid and AMT combination might not be perfect but it is the most fatigue free system I can come up with. That's my main criterium. Other combination had more defenition, some had more dynamics or better lowmid performance but in the end I keep coming back to my lightweight alnico drivers (very low Rms, that's the secret I guess)

What atracts me to the NAKSA's is the fact that they where designed with that very same criterium in mind, fatigue free listening to music. yes, let us all not forget it's all about the music and nothing else. But afterall, hearing before buying would be great.
Old 12th February 2013, 11:21 AM   #12
Jens A. is offline Jens A.  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjef View Post
Hi Jens,

Are you going for a holiday or on a buisiness trip ?

Ayways, do not feel obliged in any way.
I am in town in that period.
Would be nice to here the Naksa's.

Just recently I realized that I have been running in circles for the last 7 years. My system always returns into the state it was 7 years ago despite the introduction of class d amps, hemp cone drivers, raal ribbons, and more of the latest fashion. Didn't like all of them. The JBL woofer/ Phy mid and AMT combination might not be perfect but it is the most fatigue free system I can come up with. That's my main criterium. Other combination had more defenition, some had more dynamics or better lowmid performance but in the end I keep coming back to my lightweight alnico drivers (very low Rms, that's the secret I guess)

What atracts me to the NAKSA's is the fact that they where designed with that very same criterium in mind, fatigue free listening to music. yes, let us all not forget it's all about the music and nothing else. But afterall, hearing before buying would be great.
Hi Sjef,

Yes, this is a business trip - which is also why there are still some uncertainties about it.

I agree with your sentiments about systems - it is only you who can decide for your system how you want it to sound, and it is usually necessary to prioritise some aspects, because even with the best drivers there are always some sort of compromises.

Please be aware that I will only be able to bring one NAKSA70, but since this a stereo module, we should be able to try it out on both the mid and top of your system, just not at the same time

Cheers,

Jens
Old 12th February 2013, 08:41 PM   #13
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Jens,

Profuse thanks, Sir! You are being kind to me - and to Sjef.

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 13th February 2013, 01:40 AM   #14
andyr is offline andyr  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjef View Post

Just recently I realized that I have been running in circles for the last 7 years. My system always returns into the state it was 7 years ago despite the introduction of class d amps, hemp cone drivers, raal ribbons, and more of the latest fashion. Didn't like all of them. The JBL woofer/ Phy mid and AMT combination might not be perfect but it is the most fatigue free system I can come up with. That's my main criterium. Other combination had more definition, some had more dynamics or better lowmid performance but in the end I keep coming back to my lightweight alnico drivers (very low Rms, that's the secret I guess)

What atracts me to the NAKSAs is the fact that they were designed with that very same criterion in mind, fatigue free listening to music. yes, let us all not forget it's all about the music and nothing else. But after all, hearing before buying would be great.
Can I make a suggestion, Sjef, given your "running in circles" and your search for "fatigue free listening to music".

I can listen to my music system all day (although I don't often get the chance to listen for more than a couple of hours!) - no listening fatigue at all. I have active Magneplanars, driven by Hugh's amps (but not NAKSAs, as I need 6 mono amp modules) - so can I suggest after hearing Jen's NAKSA on your system, you audition some Maggies? (There are certainly some Dutch inmates on the Planar Asylum, even if there isn't a Maggie dealer in Amsterdam.)

Regards,

Andy
Old 13th February 2013, 09:22 PM   #15
Sjef is offline Sjef  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hi Jens,

Yes I know it's only one stereo module but that's enough to get an impression of the amp.

Hi Andy,

I'm not in the search for a fatigue free listening system. I would like to ugrade my system while maintaining the fatigue freeness of it. That's allready hard enough. These are parameters that are almost impossible to measure. Hugh seems to understand this in amp design, or at least part of it. that's why I'm so curious about them.

Hide this!Advertise here!