AKSA in UK - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > AKSA

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 24th April 2013, 08:26 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Hi there Hugh. Glad to hear you've stopped mowing your lawns! My pleasure on the NAKSA 70 front. Do you happen to know where royville lives? Has he contacted you? If so, he might like a listen before ordering. But if he's ordering based on what others have said, as I originally planned to - all i will add is that you wont be dissapointed! The sound is so clean, transparent & free of distortion that there've been times when I wound it up to full volume without realising it...

Once, I was listening to A Lark Ascending played by our 'Nig' Kennedy, & it sounded exquisitely gorgeous in a way that only violin played by a maestro on an amp like Hugh's can. It was only when Nina Simone followed that I realised how loud it was! Later in the week I did the same thing after listening to Keith Jarrett Koln Concerts, followed by Good Times, Bad Times by Led Zepplin. The portrayal of transient swings is way better than anything I've owned before.

I wouldn't be surprised if your musical tastes also expanded after buying & enjoying your NAKSA 70 for awhile. Another thing you'll enjoy with it is the accurate portrayal of the unaccompanied piano. Apart from Keith Jarrett I have recently been enjoying a few tracks from Kate Bush's 50 words for Snow album. The sound of the note being played, then slowly decaying is hard to beat. I would end by endorsing what others have said about the amp.

I will finish by adding the my 19 year old son brings his friends around to hear it & many believed they had good systems before. One guy, Toby said, "there's no distortion, anywhere is there. It just gets louder. Wow!" For this reason, my son is embarking on a project which involves mixing 'the best' kit PA systems hopefully with the kit NAKSA's, & if successful, wanted to provide a location to demo both here in UK.

Until then, I will offer my system for potential UK buyers to witness its many qualities .

Thanks,
Steve.
before a good friend in Australia bought one & assured me of its qualities
Old 10th October 2013, 07:32 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Hello again,

I know its been a while, I hope things are going okay for you Hugh now you're over you're illness.

Please accept my apologies for not being in touch. Unfortunately, the very day after I spoke to you on this thread I lost my Father to a heart attack. He'd suffered three previous ones , a stroke, and he also under went surgery for a pending 'AAA' (they caught it before it ruptured!). So I've had other things on my mind for a while.

Any way my reason for writing is to renew my interest in your amps. I notice things have moved on for you too (in a good way) with the release of your NAKSA 80 power amp. And this is the one I would now interested in purchasing.

Could you let me know the price of the new amp (with case) along with shipping and insurance to the UK please. Also how to go about ordering and is there a queue or waiting list.

Mr Zappaman (Steve):
Hello to you sir, I would like to thank you for your very kind offer to come and listen to your NAKSA. Whilst this is something I would love to do, it would be fraught with difficulties because of my work pattern and distance, but many thanks nonetheless.

Kind Regards
Roy.
Old 10th October 2013, 11:45 PM   #13
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Roy,

I'm sorry for your loss; I can emphathise, my Father passed with his fourth heart attack, and in fact my illness was an AAA, which did rupture and nearly took me out.......

I'm not sure if you want a module, or a plug 'n play NAKSA 80, please send your email to aspen01 -at- optusnet.com.au and I will send to you the final details.

Thank you for response to Steve in Somerset; he may not be available as his PC out just at the present.

Cheers,

Hugh

Hide this!Advertise here!