• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Fetzilla Build Documentation

In the building doc you can read use 2 spacers between tranny and board acting as standoff.I'm using a aluminium oxide isolator of 3mm between the sink and tranny this way my board is 1 cm distance from the sink.I'm planning to srew the tranny flat against the board or would that be a bad idea?

Hugh,I've checked this and D1-2 ain't interfering the trannies at all cause I use the TO-247 Fets.Minimum 3 mm distance from the leads.
My concern is will the fets heat up the board in a dangerous way.Pointing out my question also to AndrewT
Edit : did use the spacers anyway,now there will be an airflow between the board and the top of the trannies

Last edited:
Here's the pic

Attachments

• DSCN4937.jpg
    DSCN4937.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 936
5 or 6 isn't a problem I'll take one of those.One question remains,with a 25Vac transformer the voltage across the bootstrap resistor (R12) needs to be between 24-26 volts.But I'm planning to use a 24 Vac transformer,is it still the same or do I set it at 23-25 volts?
It seems the coil is wounded the wrong way

Attachments

• DSCN4938.JPG
    DSCN4938.JPG
    949.2 KB · Views: 872
Last edited:
Yes, MM, your voltages are about right.

When you wind the inductor, hold screwdriver in RIGHT hand, with wire in LEFT hand.

Now, position start of wire at right, on top of the driver, and wind towards, down, under and back to the top, towards you for the next turn, and so on. That will ensure the correct technique......

Cheers,

Hugh