Fetzilla Build Documentation - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > AKSA

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 29th September 2012, 10:36 AM   #91
diyAudio Member

After using the Fetzilla for a while I can say this amp will never leave my house.
Thursday a neighbour came to visit me and took his DIY speakers(bookshelf) with him.Hooked them on the Fetzilla and listen to music for a while.He used his cd's with songs he knews best where to pay attention to.His conclusion was ; very muture sound,tight and strong bass,very good midrange and the hight with lot of detail.He told me,I know the music we are playing very well but there were details in the music I'd never heard before not even with a headphone.Is this a 2x50watt amp,I've the impression of a more powerfull amp he said.We played for serveral hours also at high volume and the amp keeps going and stays rock-steady and the sound keeps sounding wonderfull.Now where are the Fetzilla designers I'm in a need of a 250Watt Fetzilla?
Old 3rd October 2012, 09:13 PM   #92
diyAudio Member

Ours has been powered on since it was built - back in June from memory. It continues to please the family and astound anyone that comes over with its rich powerful sound. I have some pretty solid gear and a wide choice of amps but the Fetz is solid and perfectly suited to its role. I had assumed it would be underpowered - driving 86db stand mounts in an A/V 2.1 setup with NAD M51 as the DAC/pre and Oppo/apple TV/HTPC as sources, but it belies its 50W rating and never seems to run out of punch. I don't think I've ever driven it to clipping - not that I could hear anyway.
Old 11th October 2012, 10:24 PM   #93
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

Wonderful praise, thank you!

I will pass this to GregH2, who aimed the FetZilla - I just did the pcb layout!

It is a good amp, isn't it?

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 12th October 2012, 05:08 AM   #94
diyAudio Member

Hi Hugh,
Welcome back,Yes indeed this is realy a good amp.This month I'm planning to go to a DIY audio day taking my Fetzilla with me.People there will be impressed I'm shure of that.
Old 9th November 2012, 05:29 AM   #95
diyAudio Member

This saturday DIY day in Holland they will know and remember the FETZILLA
Old 9th November 2012, 07:14 AM   #96
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Man, I'm pleased about this......

However, how many people have built their FetZillas? I sent 192 pcbs out, so there must be around 96 stereos out there!

It is wonderful to be living - I probably had a 15% survivable from my 'accident', I really am a lucky guy, and I see the world through different eyes. I lived only 1 mile from the largest hospital in Melbourne, and with a fast ambulance and world class Surgeons definitely I get through.

But I do badly miss driving my car and Kawasaki ZRX; I have to wait until January before the doctors giving me permission to drive again. Until then my wife drives me around, or I walk......

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited by AKSA; 9th November 2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 9th November 2012, 08:30 AM   #97
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSA View Post

However, how many people have built their FetZillas? I sent 192 pcbs out, so there must be around 96 stereos out there!

It is wonderful to be living - I probably had a 15% survivable from my 'accident', I really am a lucky guy, and I see the world through different eyes. I lived only 1 mile from the largest hospital in Melbourne, and with a fast ambulance and world class Surgeons definitely I get through.

But I do badly miss driving my car and Kawasaki ZRX; I have to wait until January before the doctors giving me permission to drive again. Until then my wife drives me around, or I walk......

Cheers,

Hugh
I thank God for sparing your life and giving you another chance. As you have said, perhaps, this incident has helped you see beyond Audio and delve into the deeper aspects of life. Hope you discover the greater purposes of your life. Take care, Hugh.
Old 12th November 2012, 01:16 PM   #98
rho is offline rho  Belgium
diyAudio Member

I'm MM's neighbor, with the DIY speakers.
I was present at the meeting in The Netherlands too.
That Fetzilla is one impressive amp!
Old 24th November 2012, 10:08 PM   #99
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSA View Post

Cheers,

Hugh
Hi Hugh,

fantastic to see you are out and about and getting involve on these forums. I've been following you on SNA and then I heard what had happen. Like to really catch up with you in person. I caught up with Andy a month ago.

Anyway, if you have got any of these Fetzilla pcb left I'll be interested, but I'm more into the higher wattage version.

cheers

ML
Old 26th November 2012, 11:07 AM   #100
diyAudio Member

If I get permission from Lineup and GregH there will be fourth groupsbuy of this amp and maybe later on of a high power version

Hide this!Advertise here!