• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Aspen NEWS - Xmas 2011

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks muchly Gareth,

I subscribe to the view that 5% of a lot is worth more than 100% of very little...... so, maybe it will do well for me, but it would need to as I've put my heart and soul into this project for about five months now and I'd be very disappointed if it came to nought.

However, we must be optimistic, Happy New Year to you and to your family!

Cheers,

Hugh

merry xmas Hugh all the best from a European citizen ... ( citizen that can see the crises first hand also !!! )

I presume that things mentioned in your column is actually the way things are going .We only hope though that each and every nation using some ""local feedback"" will overcome the situation and currency issues and go in another way slowly but better way i think ...

One quiet serious think that EU people miss is that cultural and mentality issues cannot be common between that nations that form the EU ..Trust me that this fail has also quite serious economical aspects ... lets see...time will show .

Kind regards ... the audio community has to pay respect to people like you

sakis

Last edited:
Hi Sakis,

I honestly hope that EU matters are not as bad as I portray in my blog, however, those that know no history are doomed to repeat its mistakes and there is little indication that history will not repeat itself here. The key is the unwillingness of the electorates in the wealthy countries to further finance the indebted countries; I think the largesse has run out.

I think that this crisis will create many economic refugees, and given that there are 350k Greeks who emigrated to Melbourne in the period after the war, I think many will come again, no doubt to be with family. I hear you on the cultural and mentality issues, but history shows that during financial crisis emigration is the usual choice. Most democracies are now multicultural, so the path is well worn. Heck, I'm a migrant myself.....

My views on audio are far too controversial to gain any real currency, Sakis. I prefer to keep a low profile these days.

A very happy new year to you and your family,

Hugh

Ah, but Gareth, I have no notion of the fans, only of the critics.....

My contribution has not been technical so much as subjective; I have designed by ear to a large extent, and this has drawn criticism from the highly credentialled who see the problem only in engineering terms. I believe it's much, much more than that, but best to say little.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Cheers,

Hugh

PS Like the TGM5, what does TGM stand for??

PS Like the TGM5, what does TGM stand for??

It's a movie reference: my whole entry into the world of DIY audio was because I wanted to make my own home theatre, building a DIY screen, speakers and amplifiers. The movie in question gave inspiration to others too - the alien race, called the KRELL, developed The Great Machine...

We'll keep ignoring the critics !

Attachments

• Forbidden_Planet_-_The_Great_Machine.jpg
    Forbidden_Planet_-_The_Great_Machine.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 330
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.