The Equilibrium Project - powered by NAKSAs - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > AKSA

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 28th June 2012, 05:41 AM   #41
diyAudio Member

theophile. jump into a naksa. top quality for little outlay. i've got a n100 and its AWESOME!

I will be getting the GK2
Old 29th June 2012, 08:07 PM   #42
Jens A. is offline Jens A.  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Well, I started out with the good ol' NAKSA 55, then upgraded that to the Nirvana. However, the Nirvana was subsequently traded in for a Lifeforce, and now I have ended up with the NAKSAs!

I started buying a NAKSA 70 to drive the treble/mid sections of the Equilibrium speakers passively. This was the best sound I have ever had! So much more ambience, soundscape and depth than even the Lifeforce, which is still playing happily at one of my friend's house. That fostered the idea to go all active, using only NAKSAs.

And that is where I am now - in the process of wiring up the active x-overs so I can start playing again and enjoy the pure NAKSA sound

Cheers,

Jens
Old 6th July 2012, 12:23 PM   #43
diyAudio Member

Just a small status update on the Equilibrium/NAKSA project:

I have all but finished wiring up the right speaker and will be ready to test in 'full active' mode soon - hopefully within a day or two. I have already done individual tests on treble, mid and bass sections and all seems fine.

Actually, when I tested the bass section yesterday, it was evident that the sound was much clearer and precision much higher with the Ground Sound filters in place instead of my old Behringer DCX2496. Both tests were done with NAKSA 100 'engines' - very promising

More news as things progress ...

Cheers,

Jens
Old 6th July 2012, 01:29 PM   #44
unmibh is offline unmibh  Bosnia and Herzegovina
diyAudio Member

Hi Jens,

Thanks for the update, we will be waiting for your usual impression on the final outcome.

Regards,
Rom
Old 7th July 2012, 07:38 AM   #45
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Me too, Jens,

This is very good news!! I will have more good news on return to VICTORIA in a couple of days. I'm presently in QLD with friends; just today had a real blast driving a racecar for six laps, wow, even more fun than the motorcycle, and quite a change from my usual 'driving for economy' style.....

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 13th July 2012, 08:59 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

Well guys,

Finally got the first speaker going as fully active. Some hum issues cropped up the other day, but they have been resolved (thanks, Hugh!), and I have been testing the righthand side Equilibrium speaker for some 30 minutes today - and all was well

All NAKSAs behaved beautifully, and music flowed very nicely - both ends as well as the middle of the sound spectrum were in very good balance, close to equilibrium (hehehe)

Meanwhile, I have already started preparing the lefthand side speaker for "activation"

Cheers,

Jens
Old 24th July 2012, 08:21 PM   #47
diyAudio Member

And now - the system is up and running again

I got the left speaker wired up and fired up Sunday evening, and - wow!

This is a completely new system! Most notable is the increased precision from top to bottom - and right to left (and back). Plus there is a clarity and "straightness" about the whole thing ...

And then some: dynamics and willingness to expand are in a new league

Mind you - I do not ascribe all of the above to the Ground Sound filters. It is more that now, finally, the NAKSAs can really show what they can do! I now for a fact that using four (4) NAKSA 100s to drive the bass sections was the right choice. They kick a** (pardon my French)

I do still have a residual "snarl", but this was there before as well. It is caused by some minor hum loop in my GK-1R, but since I will (soon?) get my GK2, I won't spend time rectifying it until I take the preamp apart anyway. When I get the GK2, I will make it into an "R" version, using the remote stuff from the GK-1. I'm going to use the GK-1 in another system - no way I'm parting with that beauty

Cheers,

Jens
Old 23rd August 2012, 09:26 PM   #48
diyAudio Member

I have sent this pic of the system to Hugh (via his family) and hope it will bring smiles ...

But - no reason to cheat you guys of a nice pic

Cheers,

Jens
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Equilibrium_system_2012.jpg (699.3 KB, 167 views)
Old 23rd August 2012, 11:17 PM   #49
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

When I grow up I want a system just like yours!

Nice job mate!

Do
Old 24th August 2012, 11:15 AM   #50
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnocchio View Post
When I grow up I want a system just like yours!

Nice job mate!

Do
Thank you!

Just for those who may not have read the entire thread - the speakers are active, powered by 4 x NAKSA 100 and 2 x NAKSA 70. Amps are on the back of the speakers and not visible in the pic.

The middle cupboard in the pic contains a GK-1R preamp, a heavily modded Oppo BDP-83SE and an old Denon tuner. Preamp and player can be remotely controlled (Logitech RF system) with doors closed.

Speaker x-overs are Ground Sound DCN24 digital x-overs/equalizer units.

I am not finished doing the wiring - everything will be put into neat cable tunnels

Cheers,

Jens

Hide this!Advertise here!