• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Group Buy #2 - FETZILLA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Folks,

I've just spent two hours putting in a post on who has paid, who has not, etc, and now it's just disappeared. Golly this is frustrating.

PAID, with thanks:

Joz 2P 31 Jan
Phaedan 2P 16 Jan
Johnny2Bad 2P 23 Jan
Sonocon 4P 22 Dec
Tome 2P 20 Dec
TG3 4P 17 Dec
Anatole51 2P 16 Dec
Woody 4P 31Jan

Not yet received:
Eparsons WA, USA - 1st payment received, thank you, but not second for 2P additional.
Sandro600 Sydney, Oz - for 2P
Huy (to meet up and pay cash) Melbourne, Oz - for 2P

In doubt is a payment of $110 from one Alex K, who I think is Sasha, in UK. If so, Alex, could you please email me your full details to confirm? My email is aspen01 -at- optusnet.com.au

Thanks for your patience, sorry for delays, nearly there.......

And man, is this a great amplifier!!

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:
Folks,

I have today despatched 27 pcbs to the following people, all with VAS mosfet mounted and tested. The 2SK170GR and DN2530 fets are included as well. A short letter and a comprehensive parts list is enclosed. All buyers have paid promptly via paypal, and I thank you all formally for that payment.

4P Sonocon Germany
4P Woody USA
3P Sasha UK
2P Eparsons USA
2P Johnny2Bad Canada
2P Tome Macedonia
4P TG3 USA
2P Jozua South Africa
2P Anatole51 Belgium
2P Phaeden Australia

That makes the total sold at 172 pcbs. This has been a very popular Group Buy, and I'm confident that when skeptics hear it more interest will manifest on this forum. All boards have been sent airmail as small letters; do let me know on this thread when they all get through. I have declared a value of $AUD20 on all packages so they should come in under the radar.

My sincere thanks for this support. It's made the exercise an absolute pleasure!

Enjoy the build, but most of all, enjoy the music!

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:
Fire away, this is one helluva amp, very good value for money!

PRICES:

Two boards only $AUD58
Two boards with fitted mosfet VAS and two jfet 2SK170 GR and two mosfet DN2530 $AUD68

Hugh

what other parts and tools are necessary to complete the project? I am thinking about buying it since I need a new amp. Can i reuse my previous aksa amp project?
How does it compare to the lifeforce and the NAKSA?

what other parts and tools are necessary to complete the project? I am thinking about buying it since I need a new amp. Can i reuse my previous aksa amp project?
How does it compare to the lifeforce and the NAKSA?

You need to read the amp thread post. All information is contained therein. It's a longish thread and will take you more than a few minutes to read, so allow time for that.

Woody, Sasha,

It's a real pleasure. Dealing with this group buy has been great, I've actually enjoyed it a lot. There has been a lot of communication with buyers, but it's all gone very smoothly and has gotten Aspen's name out there.

I will admit that I'm really bowled over by the level of interest, and just how many have been sold, it's been astonishing. It is even possible this will become a cult amp, a kind of mini JLH Class A! Now that would be flattering to Swordfishy, Mikelm and Lineup!!

Thanks for letting me know all arrived safely.

Cheers,

Hugh

Thing is , is that this board on this forum is actually kinda hidden away and many on diyaudio.com probably never have even seen it or know about the group buy pcb's .

i was bored one day and found myself checking out some of the less visited places and voila :)

Hugh had offered to do a group buy of the very talked about swordfishy fetzilla ! i'd been following that thread for months !

Fast forward a few weeks and my first fetzilla built , wow this amp sounds fantastic in my system . Not to mention the great people and things i learned while building it :)

It's been a real pleasure meeting all the folks here and even though i intend to continue the journey for audio perfection , the Aspen/Swordfishy "Fetzilla " will always have a memorable place in my journey for audio perfection .

Thank you all ,

Woody

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.