• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Swordfishy/ASPEN FETZILLA power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...if you do use international paypal, there's often am unexpected but simple complication of needing to "claim" the payment. Seems there's some way to avoid taxes or duties or control timing of conversion if you maintain a papal balance in foreign currencies to spend there in the same foreign currency. If the recipient doesn't "claim" the payment it sometimes reverts back to the payer. Just something to watch for, recipient sees payment but has to make sure that if he needs to 'claim' it that he does so and specifies the currency he wants it in.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
That's an awful experience, Hugh. You hear of them and they shouldn't happen but they obviously do, There are others on DIYAudio forum dealing with Chinese boardmakers regularly by Paypal but I guess not this one. If this is your regular supplier, they will certainly owe you some favour for loyalty and we might sincerely hope it doesn't just cost you money for all your great work.

Funny you should talk of 20th century trading practice. I recall problems trading with regional Chinese manufacturers in the 1980s and that was with TELEX. Ancient technology but a lot faster in resolving disputed transactions than many current systems. It should be said that this was down to protocols rather than the communication technology. Modern practice can be awfully slack, depending on the enterprise management.

We will still be indebted to you for your efforts when this GB is completed, so here's hoping the drama does not recur.

Folks,

We are almost good to go for the Group Buy. I have all the semis, the pcbs have arrived sooner than I expected, and I will commence soldering all the VAS devices onto the pcbs this weekend.

The pcbs are just GREAT!!

Accordingly, can all those who have not yet contacted me

SEND DETAILS OF FULL NAME, ORDER QUANTITY, SHIPPING ADDRESS, AND PLEASE PAY ME ASAP THROUGH PAYPAL IN AUSSIE DOLLARS ($AUD60 including parts, $AUD50 just boards).

MY EMAIL IS ASPEN01 -at- OPTUSNET.COM.AU (Same email for Paypal)

Happy days, I'm pleased this has resolved, it was a long, long wait!

Cheers,

Hugh

Attachments

• FetzillaPCBs.jpg
    FetzillaPCBs.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 422
Yes, Woody, my apologies, not clear:

1 pair FetZilla Boards (bare) $AUD50
2 pair FetZilla Boards (bare) $AUD100

1 pair FetZilla boards with parts (mosfet fitted) $AUD60
2 pair FetZilla boards with parts (mosfet fitted) $AUD120

The parts are:

2 x 2SK170GR (low Idss version)
2 x ZVP2110G (high power SOT23 chip, fitted)
2 x DN2530 depletion mode nmos (TO92)

These prices all include shipping to anywhere in the world; including Oz and NZ.

Hope this makes it clear, looking forward to getting on with it, after all this waiting!

Cheers,

Hugh

PS My thanks to George of Calgary, Ken of LA, and Fran of Dublin!

The VAS: how it looks

Guys,

The ZVP2110G VAS is a strange SOT23 beast, and because of the terminations, it's a bit iffy to mount. That is the reason I decided to do it here, I have the equipment and experience and it will give further ES insurance for this highly sensitive device. I have attached a photo of how it looks installed; the job is very neat and very slick, with plenty of pad surface area for outstanding cooling (it dissipates around 430mW).

Cheers,

Hugh

Attachments

• FetzillaVAS1.jpg
    FetzillaVAS1.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 439
from sparkeey to hugh

ian has told me that you have recived the boards and i hope you have what little components you will be supplying im short of cash for the next fortnight so if we could meet in person if thats ok with you i dont have any transport atm get my ticket back in a couple of months "bloddy stupid points system"..any way i will have the cash by 4 weeks time if thats ok with u i dont use paypal but if i can use visa debit that would be ok if poss able other than that we will have to meet if your ok with that...sincearly sparkeey broady...

Sparkey,

Meeting would be fine. Hell, man, I'll buy you a cup of good coffee and take you back to the train!!

Woody,

You are dead right, not yet heard. I'm building now, but I'm sure others will beat me to it, because I have no less than three other amps of my design to either complete for customers or build as prototypes, so I may not finish it this coming week!!

But I sure will let you know what I think of the sound, no question about that...

Hugh

None of my business, bu if it helps:
You can make a withdrawal from that Visa debit to cash, or paupal will let you use its Visa option to fund the individual paypal transaction. But if you're going to see him, save the paypal fees and give him cash or a post-dated check (which is better than a promisory note if it's greater than $50).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.