diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   AKSA (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/aksa/)
-   -   Swordfishy/ASPEN FETZILLA power amp (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/aksa/191053-swordfishy-aspen-fetzilla-power-amp.html)

AKSA 23rd September 2011 01:02 AM

A hidden imprecation on things yet to be, Lord Gandalf?

Hugh

JKC 23rd September 2011 02:36 AM

Hugh

It is just 1/4" aluminum spacer glued on top of the case. I have used super glue not epoxy. How is your testing going (R10, C4)?

George

AKSA 23rd September 2011 02:48 AM

Unfortunately not yet done, I'm building a NAKSA 100 for a customer in Queensland, and this must take priority...

But the weekend looms, not long now....

Hugh

stvnharr 23rd September 2011 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKSA (Post 2720985)
Unfortunately not yet done, I'm building a NAKSA 100 for a customer in Queensland, and this must take priority...

But the weekend looms, not long now....

Hugh

Are you busier than a one armed wallpaper hanger?

Ian Finch 23rd September 2011 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKSA (Post 2720838)
'I noticed a hermetic quality to the sound stage, as though it were not so much open, as expansively constrained, with strong billowing qualities to the sound as it wafted through my consciousness'....

OMG, that is utterly priceless! I don't think I've seen such verbiage since the 'red wine and cigars' reviews in HFN&RR. long ago. :D

AKSA 23rd September 2011 04:52 AM

I'm ashamed to admit, Ian, that this was my creation, a one off dash in a couple of minutes. Deeply freakin' ashamed, in truth. I really don't like this BS, but you read it often enough.

Steve,

It is impossible for me to work too hard, I have an inbuilt indolence meter, and when I start moving too quickly, I take a quiet lie down and a cup of coffee......

Cheers,

Hugh

stvnharr 23rd September 2011 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKSA (Post 2721068)
Steve,

It is impossible for me to work too hard, I have an inbuilt indolence meter, and when I start moving too quickly, I take a quiet lie down and a cup of coffee......

Cheers,

Hugh

That's comforting to know

vitalica 25th September 2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKSA (Post 2710766)
Please wait until the end of this week, Vitalie.

It is a very long way from Australia to Romania, and clearly the deliveries do not take the same routes. It may turn up very soon.

Cheers,

Hugh

Hi Hugh ,

There are 4 weeks past but i didn't recive the package:(

AKSA 25th September 2011 11:57 PM

Vitalie,

This is difficult. Insurance was neither requested, used, or paid for, and there was always a risk it might happen with at least one person. OTOH, I have sent parts to Romania before with no problem.

Please contact me via email to resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Hugh

Woody1911a1 26th September 2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitalica (Post 2723807)
Hi Hugh ,

There are 4 weeks past but i didn't recive the package:(

hey vitalica , a couple months ago i ran a sale of matched jfets and some got them in days , some in weeks , but the 2 shipments to germany took 6-7 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they weren\'t lost and the people receiving them were very understanding and patient . then one day voila and 2 days later voila !!!!

i know what it\'s like to be waiting for an overseas delivery , but after my experiences i wouldn\'t get too worried til maybe the 2 month period .

patience grasshopper , Woody