• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Swordfishy/ASPEN FETZILLA power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hugh

Why do you not consider supplying all the parts exluding the main caps and heatsinks? Then it is one bulk parts order to you versus each one of us ordering by ourselves and paying more for postage than the value of the parts. The additional benefit would be that all of us will be as close as possible to the original spec.

Personaly I rather pay you for the effort than the postman.

Alternative quote for fully build and tested boards ?

Regards

Jozua

Last edited:
hello hugh this is sparkey i would like to know what exactly your module kits include i dont need heat sinks or transformers and i would like two modulespls i will hope you can email me i think u can get it from my profile ..if i dont see a mail from you in the next few days i will put it on this post and how much cost is involved ..oh i come from broady

Nicola, John and Fran are all down for parts now..... check the list on page 8.

Joz,

This is a love job, I'm contributing to a DIYaudio group buy. Three or four components are no bother, but forty or fifty becomes a serious logistical nightmare, and invariably in a kit something is left out and then the responsibility for mailing it out is mine. I have been in the kit business for some years and believe me I know that there is a lot of work involved.

As for supplying a full kit, I am considering supplying a fully built module into the future, but not from this forum. It will be offered as a built/tested module from my website, and will require only trafos to get it going. Even the heatsinks would be included, and possibly an enclosure if desired. But, this would be expensive, as my labour and a smidgin of IP would be factored in.

Of course, I need not emphasize that such a product would be subject to my usual stringent listening and performance tests; right now this is a group buy and more a PR exercise for Aspen. As such you are getting in at ground level.

After working the DIY market for eleven years now I better understand what you guys want, and I would again express my gratitude and admiration for Greg's and Lineout's work!

Cheers,

Hugh

Hugh, i'll go for the parts pack as well.

Anyone down under know the cost of shipping 10-20 of the exicon mosfets from Profusion to Australia?

I know you can buy them from Altronics, but they are 2-3 times as expensive as they are from Profusion, not including shipping.

Latest Group Buy Update

Folks,

At 50 boards, this is now viable. On Greg's return, he will verify component choices and sound quality, and then I commence manufacture and parts ordering, NOT BEFORE (I have been caught before with egg on my face, one must beat the omelette with great care).

Two more orders, as follows:

2+P JoMo Adelaide SA Australia
2+P Ian Finch Coffs Harbour NSW Australia
2+P Gennaji Hyderabad India
2 Ken Lewis LA USA
2 Ron Russell Kent UK
2+P John Kenny Dublin Ireland
2+P Francis Morrin Dublin Ireland
2+P Vitalica Bucharest Romania
2+P Erik Deinum Groningen Netherlands
2+P Keith Correa ? India
2 Igor Polyakov California (city?) USA
2 Steve (aka SRH) Whangarei New Zealand
2+P George (aka JKC) Calgary Canada
2+P Anthony Mills Gold Coast Australia
2+P Dinesh (aka Chlorofille) Christchurch New Zealand
2+P Colin S. (?) (city?) NSW Australia
2 Chris Powell Sydney Australia
2+P Danny (?) Lierde Belgium
2 Sonnya (?) City (?) Denmark
4+P Jozua Cape Town South Africa
2 JT (? aka Sandyhooker) City (?) Arizona USA
2+P Nicola City (?) Vincenza Italy
2+P Sparkey (?) Melbourne Australia
2+P Chalkandtalk (?) City (?) NW England UK

Additional parts supplied for those marked '+P' are:

1. 2 x 2SK170BL input jfet
2. 2 x ZVP2110G VAS mosfet
3. 2 x DN2530 bootstrap mosfet (TO92)
4. 2 x Lag comp and 2xPhase lead silver micas

Sam, you ask about comparisons with Juma's F5. I have now had a good look.

The sound would be quite different, but whether you prefer it is a moot point. This is a complementary circuit, again with PP output stage, and global feedback. Complementary circuits have a different sound to single ended circuits because of the distinct harmonic profiles.

I'm not sure if this is what you want to hear; naturally I prefer the se sound, but others really like complementary. Only you can decide; I'm reluctant to suggest one over the other.

The Exicon lat fets are not that easy to find. However, you only want four of them, so cost should not deter most people. These are bulky devices, and cannot be easily shipped in a thin envelope like pcbs and small fets.

Sparkey, not sure exactly what you want? I have you down for two boards plus the small fets and silver micas, does this suit you?

Anthony, I've deleted 'Ejam' in favour of your full name - thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,

Hugh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by AKSA; Today at 06:04 PM.

Last edited:
how long will it take

this is sparkey a freind of ian and i see you added me to your kist ummm how much is it going to cost and i would like you to sopply heat sinks as well ...a very well defined amp there its going to sound graeat if you cannot get my email addy then just email ian finch and he will fowarard it to me i can prolly pick them up from your "QTH" regards sparkey ...brian...

i will have the funds after the 17 th of july and look foward to buying the two modules ..i would also like two heatsinks and all the circuit deatails and wiring diagrams and any other errata that you can supply ...
"moral of the story ::: iwant it two work first time without it fry`ing in my face any application notes would be appreaciated thanks sparkey @hotkey.net .au

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Sparkeey
Altronics supply the Conrad heatsinks here at $27.50 ea. cat. #H0545. That's going to save you some on posting big items like that too.

As for the parts prices, I can't speak for AKSA so no-one knows that until the quantities are firmed and orders placed with actual shipping costs factored in.
This may take some time yet, as previously advised. We are only half way to 100 boards yet.

Keeping an eye on this thread and reading all AKSA's posts will ensure you are among the first to know all the answers. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.