diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   AKSA (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/aksa/)
-   -   Swordfishy/ASPEN FETZILLA power amp (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/aksa/191053-swordfishy-aspen-fetzilla-power-amp.html)

klewis 21st June 2011 05:24 PM

Hugh,

You can put me down for a pair. Looks like fun.

Ken

RonR 21st June 2011 06:39 PM

I'd like to put my name down for a pair Hugh.

WRT Mosfet part numbers, I can't find the mentioned ZVP2210 anywhere. Do you mean ZVP2110? :confused:

Cheers,
Ron

keantoken 21st June 2011 07:47 PM

I thought it was the ZVP3310A, not 2210.

- keantoken

AKSA 21st June 2011 11:08 PM

Order List: FETzilla Group Buy

2 Attachment(s)
Folks,

Fantastic, we are making good orders already!

That's 10 boards so far:

2 JoMo Adelaide SA Australia
2 Ian Finch Coffs Harbour NSW Australia
2 Gennaji Hyderabad India
2 Ken Lewis LA USA
2 Ron Russell Kent UK

Moving right along......

I have attached a portion of the pdf for the VAS device, ZVP2110G, the SOT223 version. My apologies Bwana, I got the name wrong. Senior moment! Below this is the latest pcb, growing more artistic with each day now.

This device is about $1.20 from Digikey, and comes in the smd package which will dissipate 2W max. In this application we will be doing around 430mW, so it will get warm, a little too much for the TO92 package which is rated only to 740mW max. This device has very similar specs, with max continuous drain current just over 300mA and Ciss of 100pF, considerably better than the IRF9610 it replaces.

Gaetan, you are 100% correct; there is provision on the pcb for experimentation with a phase lead cap (VAS drain to jfet source), which I would expect to make this amp extremely load tolerant. Two sizes have been accommodated.

Cheers,

Hugh

jkeny 22nd June 2011 12:12 AM

Yes, Hugh, I really appreciate you doing this & was fascinated at the novelty & pace of the thread that gave rise to this design.

I'm in for a pair please!

AKSA 22nd June 2011 03:05 AM

Hi John,

You're in!!

That's 12 boards so far:

2 Ken Lewis LA USA
2 Ron Russell Kent UK
2 John Kenny Dublin Ireland

This is building steadily!!

Hugh

gaetan8888 22nd June 2011 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKSA (Post 2614611)
Gaetan, you are 100% correct; there is provision on the pcb for experimentation with a phase lead cap (VAS drain to jfet source), which I would expect to make this amp extremely load tolerant. Two sizes have been accommodated.

Cheers,

Hugh

Hello Hugh

I've read a white paper where it say that using a phase lead cap would reduce the phase intermodulations.

Bye

Gaetan

woodturner-fran 22nd June 2011 07:45 AM

Count me in for a pair too!

Fran

AKSA 22nd June 2011 10:41 AM

Hi Francis,

Thanks for your interest!

14 boards so far:

2 Ken Lewis LA USA
2 Ron Russell Kent UK
2 John Kenny Dublin Ireland
2 Francis Morrin Dublin Ireland

I'm conferring with Paul Bysouth tomorrow over the models, and we will scrutinize the circuit to be sure. Then, after chatting with Greg, I will publish. This circuit is extremely critical on choice of voltage amplifier and I will admit I'm loathe to post until I know the chosen beast, ZVP2110G, is confirmed good.

Hugh

vitalica 23rd June 2011 12:42 PM

Dear Hugh,

You can put me down for a pair.
Thanks!

Best regards,
Vitali