• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Vsonic speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What is included in the kit when one purchases the Vsonic speakers?

Hi John,

According to the Aspen website:

"The kitset comprises:
Two FULLY ASSEMBLED AND TESTED, tuned, premium quality, pcb-based crossovers; a quantity of polyester stuffing and grille fabric; all fasteners and accessories (such as terminal posts); suitable interconnecting wire; grille fabric and a complete set of instructions, with comprehensive diagrams, photographs, directions and labor saving hints."

This means you will need to source drivers and enclosures (or materials for the latter) yourself.

I hope this helps - check out the Aspen website for more details: ::: Aspen Amplifiers :::

Cheers,

Jens

John,

Jens has it; the correct answer, thanks Jens!!

The VSonics were redeveloped recently with the demise of the Peerless 830884 driver to use the SEAS CA22RNY, another exceptional 8" driver. I'm happy to report that the sonics are now even better, with superior bass and, I think, slightly better resolution.

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

When checking the Aspen website in connection with replying to John's post, I noticed that the VSonics Specification table still contains the Peerless driver instead of the SEAS driver used in the updated version of the VSonics.

You might want to update this to avoid confusion .... ;)

Cheers,

Jens

Hi John,

The tweeter has always been made by Scan Speak and is part number D2608/913000. The tweeter was marked a few years ago under the Peerless brand.

As Hugh said we had to look for a new driver to replace the Peerless 830884 driver as it was no longer being manufactured. The SEAS CA22RNY driver was chosen as a replacement and it lives up to its manufacturers statement on their data sheet. "parameters that make this driver perfect for a high efficency 2=way speaker"

Cheers,.

Laurie.

Thanks for Links

Hi all

Thanks for that info - I'd not really thought about the UK or Europe because I've found costs (incl. freight) are usually higher than for the USA. And its good to see that Falcon Acoustics has eventually survived Malcolm Jones's retirement!

Regards,

Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.