• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Hugh absent for five days

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Patrick,

My Mom sadly died yesterday at 7:30am, at almost 86 years old.
She had suffered pneumonia three times in the last year; this last attack was too strong for her.
My brother (also a Patrick!!) and I spent at the hospital for three days and nights, and had the chance to talk to her, not that well, but well enough to communicate our love for her. She was a very cultured woman, spoke French actually which is VERY unusual in Australia as we almost all only speak English (and rather badly). We was a writer, authored a couple of books, and had a wonderful marriage. We wonderfully accepted my Indonesian wife into our family, and was very kind to all of us. There are also problems in any human being, but my Mom was one of a kind.......
Funeral is 17th, 6 days hence, and we are expecting about 300 people in the church. I've been writing the eulogy and choosing the music (Bach, Elgar).
Thank you for asking, Patrick, you are 1 lovely guy!!

Ciao,

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.