• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Hugh absent for five days

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry to hear about your mom...

I wish peace, strength and time for treasured memories for you and your family during this difficult time.

You have brought great pleasure to my ears for so many years (I've built 8 channels of AKSA and Life Force amplification and a a GK-1 for the Orions, and two more Life Force amp channels in the bedroom system), and for all those nights of beautiful music I will always be deeply thankful to you, your family, and your parents.

Take care in the coming days and may you and your family draw closer as you remember your mom, and times long ago.

Peter

Some wonderful sentiments, thank you Guys, I am very lucky to have such good friends on this highly modern net community we all enjoy.

Sri and I are about to leave for the second journey to South Australia in a week, and even our youngest, Alessandra from NYC, has come over. I will speak briefly at the eulogy (with my broken brain, I can't read out these days so I have to learn it word for word!) and then my Mom's two strong, clever eldest granddaughters.
My Mom was extremely literate, spoke French, authored three books on local history, broadcast both on radio and TV, and played piano beautifully. She was a character and a lot of fun at a party. Of the two sons, I am alike her in temperament, and only decades later have I found the social grace that my Mom always had! She was very courageous through serious illness over almost a decade, and Patrick and I admired her will and stoicism.

Thanks Folks, you made my day, back in the saddle on Saturday.

Ciao,

Hugh

First of all it's always terrible loosing beloved ones. However I'm a firm believer in what our ancestors told us. Life goes on in another form. No one ever dies, only the body does. So if we have loved , we will all be together again eventually. So love, is never lost.
Wish you strength to handle your loss.
Cheers.
Ashok.

Last edited:
Hi Hugh

I've just read about your sad loss....please accept sincere condolences from Denise and myself. Your mother must have been a most remarkable person.
We recently returned from a trip to Vic and NSW. We helped son Damon to relocate (at short notice) from Shepparton to Coffs Harbour. He's still working as a medical scientist, but is now only a day's drive away from his Aged P's!
Please keep on keeping on....this old world needs people like you!

Regards,

Peter

Thank you Peter P and Peter R, Senior, Ashok, Supernet, Darren, Damir, Linuxguru and Zia, not in order! I appreciate the very gracious condolences, thank you all....

Now the next phase continues. Today Alessandra returns to NYC in two hours - 23 hours journey - and I go on with life with my Mom at last resting. It was a huge funeral of 300 people - and pouring with rain and 12C. My wonderful cousin, Tim, drove 2,200kms from Queensland to be there - we grew up in the country and love the guy. He was a senior supervisor of a large oil refinery and is a very technical, practical man. We played Bach's Oratorio and Elgar's Enigma Variations (Nimrod) at the ceremony, and after my 6 minute eulogy the eldest granddaughters spoke movingly. We had a wake at my Mom's Art Gallery, and I have was talked with many friends of Mom I had never known. I had left the town in 1962, moving around Australia for 15 years and then settling in Melbourne in 1977.

Thank you all very much, its meant a lot to me, just as after my return from illness two years when the well wishers filled 16 pages of this forum. I believe I need to travel to met as many of you as I can when I'm ready to fly again. Australia, infortunately, is so remote to all of you........

Ciao,

Hugh

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.