NAKSA100 Listening Impressions - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > AKSA

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 27th June 2011, 06:05 AM   #31
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Jimbo,

Not quite sure what you need, but tentatively, yes, the NAKSA 100 would be suitable.

You'd need to buy three channels, which I could arrange, but one enclosure with three channels in it. This would be rather large; might be better to buy two boxes.

It would handle power down to 2.7R without problem.

Hope this helps, sorry for delay.

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 13th August 2011, 12:45 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Just letting the forum know that another Naksa 100 has begun bringing music to wonderful life. The Naksa was "energized" on Thursday and immediately put my beloved Aksa 100 Nirvana + to shame with improved sound stage and a blacker than black background. It has now had approx 24 hours of "running in" and is getting better by the hour, being fed by a GK-R, a Music Fidelity CD player and Crystal DAC. What has really impressed me is the strength and depth of the base reproduction, my modified VAF DC-X's have never gone so low or sounded so natural and controlled, be it the Kodo: O-Daiko (Heartbeat Drummers from Japan) or the Flight of the Cosmic Hippos (Bella Fleck). Looking forward to the further beddding in of the Naksa, and demo'ing this amp to my soon to be jealous audiophile mates.....THANKS Hugh!!!!!
Old 14th August 2011, 07:56 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

Thanks Rick!!

Great news - I'm really pleased you posted your results here. I'm glad it is superior to your AKSA 100N+, that was the design brief, difficult to meet, too.

Keep us posted if you have any more comments to make; this amp is really something.

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 10th October 2011, 11:09 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

It's been three weeks since this was posted, and I thought I might make an observation about the NAKSA 100 (and the 70, the baby brother) vis a vis the GB project I've been involved with, the FetZilla.

I have compared the two carefully, particularly the FetZ with the NAKSA 100. It is rare that the designer can be objective about his babies, but the FetZ was not actually my design, though I did have some influence. It is a very competent, high end amp with a lovely, rounded FET sound - if such can be said - but it does not compare to the NAKSA series of amps. They are very different.

You can buy a couple of FetZilla boards for $68 and with another $200-$300 build it into a very nice amplifier with high performance. But the NAKSA costs $870 for the 70W module, and $1420 for the two 100W modules. No contest on price, certainly, but you get what you pay for..... the NAKSA is a wonderful sounding amp that has everything; quiet, clarity, bass, midrange, top end, depth of image, pace and effortless delivery.

Today I'm putting the finishing touches to a new preamp, the GK2, which goes out tomorrow to the customer. I'm feeling pretty comfortable with my product line these days; Aspen offers stratospheric high end sound quality at very reasonable prices, and I feel that the last fifteen years of development - a long time by any measure - are bearing good ripe fruit.

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 19th November 2011, 10:32 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Proud to announce a very good review of the NAKSA 100 by digital audio review, an ezine right here in Oz, run by one Johnny Darko, a very well informed audiophile who writes very well!

Johnny Darko's NAKSA 100 review

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 20th November 2011, 01:03 AM   #36
diyAudio Member

Default NAKSA 100 Review by Johnny Darko

Hi Hugh

If the only negative comment Johnny D can come up with is the DIY aspect, the NAKSA 100 (indeed, the NAKSA range!) deserves to be a world beater. Onward and upward, dude!

Regards, Peter Roberts
Old 20th November 2011, 02:44 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Hello Hugh

Johnny Darko's article just confirm again that the Naksa 100 are in the world best amps and also that you was darn right about the importance of dominance of even harmonics in a amp. A big number of very low thd amps will never sound as musical and engaging as your Naksa amps.

Bye

Gaetan
Old 20th November 2011, 03:17 AM   #38
diyAudio Member

Ah, this is all rather pleasing, thanks Pierre (my Australian friend Probbo I have known for 35 years!) and Gaetan, my Quebecois friend who shrewdly sees into the psychoacoustic aspects of human hearing!

However, I expect there will be disagreement with some of my comments, but no sense in being controversial if a few feathers don't get ruffled!

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 20th November 2011, 05:37 AM   #39
unmibh is offline unmibh  Bosnia and Herzegovina
diyAudio Member

Hugh,

Congratulations for a nice review of the NAKSA 100!!!!

Regards
Rom
Old 20th November 2011, 08:23 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Thanks Rom,

And special thanks for your hand in all this - you settled the bypass fb resistor once and for all!

Ciao,

Hugh

Hide this!Advertise here!