NAKSA100 Listening Impressions - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > AKSA

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 9th June 2011, 06:52 AM   #11
LPM is offline LPM  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Time is the issue at the moment. In a new home, there are always hundreds of things to do, leaving precious little time to work on things audio
Just wondering if youíd found time yet Jens? Come on, you know you need to so just think of what youíre missing out on! Besides, audio 'is' a part of the house and a pretty important part at that.

I was fortunate to have the chance today to listen to a new NAKSA 100 at Hughís place during a short visit. I have heard one of the advanced 100 prototypeís before and remember being mightily impressed at the time by the sound. Well the sonics today were as good as ever but I must admit to being just as pleased by my first look at the fit and finish of the special Aspen case as I was with its performance. I personally wouldnít hesitate to get this custom case if I was buying one as itís compact, high quality, looks really good and the internal layout is just so well thought out and neatly executed.

For any that donít know me, and wonder why Iím not buying one if itís that good, itís simply a matter that I invested in a fully built Aspen Soraya (Iím really not much of a DIYer ) some time back that suits my personal tastes down to the ground, particularly since I had Hugh upgrade it to the latest spec. But for anyone that covets a detailed, tube like sound the NAKSA 100 has to be top value for money. Iíll let others review and describe the sound in more detail as I havenít been able to listen to one in my own system for a proper evaluation, but I can say from todayís impression that the NAKSA 100 lacks absolutely nothing in resolution and sound stage that I can determine and I do believe it sounds even better than the NAKSA 70.
Old 9th June 2011, 07:28 AM   #12
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Thanks Lyn,

Nice of you..... more good coffee today, too!

Here's a picture of the NAKSA 100 viewed from the front, REAL happy with these cases. They are 385Wx320Dx85H, noticeably more compact than 2U.

Hugh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg N100prodComplete10.jpg (676.6 KB, 526 views)
Old 9th June 2011, 09:36 AM   #13
Jens A. is offline Jens A.  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPM View Post
Just wondering if youíd found time yet Jens? Come on, you know you need to so just think of what youíre missing out on! Besides, audio 'is' a part of the house and a pretty important part at that.

I was fortunate to have the chance today to listen to a new NAKSA 100 at Hughís place during a short visit. I have heard one of the advanced 100 prototypeís before and remember being mightily impressed at the time by the sound. Well the sonics today were as good as ever but I must admit to being just as pleased by my first look at the fit and finish of the special Aspen case as I was with its performance. I personally wouldnít hesitate to get this custom case if I was buying one as itís compact, high quality, looks really good and the internal layout is just so well thought out and neatly executed.

For any that donít know me, and wonder why Iím not buying one if itís that good, itís simply a matter that I invested in a fully built Aspen Soraya (Iím really not much of a DIYer ) some time back that suits my personal tastes down to the ground, particularly since I had Hugh upgrade it to the latest spec. But for anyone that covets a detailed, tube like sound the NAKSA 100 has to be top value for money. Iíll let others review and describe the sound in more detail as I havenít been able to listen to one in my own system for a proper evaluation, but I can say from todayís impression that the NAKSA 100 lacks absolutely nothing in resolution and sound stage that I can determine and I do believe it sounds even better than the NAKSA 70.
Hi Lyn,

Unfortunately not. However, we are getting our new, audio-friendly shelving units this Saturday. Once I get those put up, the process of integrating the audio/home cinema system into the room starts for real, and I hope I can start getting the N100s going soon as a part of that

Thanks for the interest!

Cheers,

Jens
Old 9th June 2011, 11:07 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Folks,

Time has come to show 'n tell. Behold, the new NAKSA 100, ready for sale, either as modules, or installed in a case ready to add trafo.

First post shows the front appearance of the amp, with its 385Wx85H front panel. It's very strongly built with 2mm mild steel; you can invert the case and actually stand on it without damaging the enclosure! You can order just the modules, or the assembled amp sans transformer. This approach is taken principally to reduce shipping costs.

Hugh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg N100PKing4.jpg (697.5 KB, 450 views)

Last edited by AKSA; 9th June 2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 9th June 2011, 11:17 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

This second photo shows internals, viewed from the front, with two transformers installed. (I had two handy, you can use one larger trafo without sonic penalty).

This photo taken before I wired up the indicator LEDs and power entry module, you get the idea. It's very compact, well cooled, and the paint job is both tough and elegant.

Hugh

N100prodComplete5S.jpg

Last edited by AKSA; 9th June 2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10th June 2011, 01:15 AM   #16
LPM is offline LPM  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
well cooled
Forgot to mention that in my post yesterday. Having once had an AVR that run too hot to touch on the top lid, the NAKSA (admittedly on the lid as opposed to the heat sink fins and not 7 channel) was barely warm after the session. Not that the Soraya runs much warmer either. It may be a degree of technical ignorance on my part but I always feel uncomfortable with hot components - I don't like the sense of them cooking away.
Old 10th June 2011, 04:23 PM   #17
GregH2 is offline GregH2  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSA View Post
Thanks Lyn,

Nice of you..... more good coffee today, too!

Here's a picture of the NAKSA 100 viewed from the front, REAL happy with these cases. They are 385Wx320Dx85H, noticeably more compact than 2U.

Hugh
Looks really nice Hugh. I like the badge too!
Old 11th June 2011, 01:51 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Thanks Greg,

It's been a labour of love, but it represents years and years of development. Very proud of this amp, it sounds absolutely sensational, makes you cry.....

Hugh
Old 11th June 2011, 05:05 PM   #19
unmibh is offline unmibh  Bosnia and Herzegovina
diyAudio Member

Hi Hugh and All,

Nice, clean and pretty.

Best Regards
Rom
Old 12th June 2011, 07:31 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Thanks Rom,

High praise from you, much appreciated!!

Hugh

Hide this!Advertise here!