diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   AKSA (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/aksa/)
-   -   Updates to Aksa products (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/aksa/188186-updates-aksa-products.html)

ray bronk 1st May 2011 04:21 AM

Updates to Aksa products
 
Hi Hugh,

Now, that you are officially on the DIYaudio site, would like to see you discuss any updates to your amps, preamps, ETC.

My interest for the moment is your Naksa amp. you were in the midst of getting cases for the two amps in that line. You did get one for the N70, and you were getting the prototype for the n100. Any news there?

You also hinted on AC before you left at new products in the pipeline?

What about your other two amps? Any news there? There was some read somewhere you were gonna produce a "Superamp," with a couple hundred watts.

Just to let you know, you've forced me over here, only have been interested in the ClassD stuff, a 12B4 preamp, and now your stuff. hmmm, I'll have to add you as one of my favorites.

Ray Bronk

AKSA 1st May 2011 07:02 AM

Hi Ray,

Welcome to the forum!!

Now, the NAKSA.

No updates planned to this excellent amp, it is designed for and has achieved premium performance, and I can't enhance it any further!!

I now have cases for the NAKSA 70 in stock and hope to have stock of the cases for the NAKSA 100 this week. They have been slow, very slow, to delivery, a result of orders backlogs at the manufacturer and some final dimensional adjustments to the production units.

Now, precisely because of long, embarassing delays, I have decided to change Aspen policy on new products. I will not announce new product until it is actually available for sale.

The reason for this is simple. Aside from long delays causing Aspen embarassment, the big issue is that early announcements mean that all sales of existing products dry up immediately in anticipation. This completely wrecks cash flow, and threatens the business.

I cannot afford this situation, and therefore nothing will be announced until it is ready to sell.

That means we have a product lineup including the NAKSA 70, NAKSA 100, Soraya Power Amp (200W//4R), and Maya Power Amp (280W//4R), the Paris head amp, and the VSonics. These are all unbelievable products delivering true high end sound quality at very reasonable prices (although the rise and rise of the AUD is problem for stateside customers at present).

So, aside from reminding the buying public that these are superior, mature products, I can only commend you to them!

Thanks for the post,

Cheers,

Hugh

Jens A. 1st May 2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKSA (Post 2557445)
Hi Ray,

Welcome to the forum!!

Now, the NAKSA.

No updates planned to this excellent amp, it is designed for and has achieved premium performance, and I can't enhance it any further!!

I now have cases for the NAKSA 70 in stock and hope to have stock of the cases for the NAKSA 100 this week. They have been slow, very slow, to delivery, a result of orders backlogs at the manufacturer and some final dimensional adjustments to the production units.

Now, precisely because of long, embarassing delays, I have decided to change Aspen policy on new products. I will not announce new product until it is actually available for sale.

The reason for this is simple. Aside from long delays causing Aspen embarassment, the big issue is that early announcements mean that all sales of existing products dry up immediately in anticipation. This completely wrecks cash flow, and threatens the business.

I cannot afford this situation, and therefore nothing will be announced until it is ready to sell.

That means we have a product lineup including the NAKSA 70, NAKSA 100, Soraya Power Amp (200W//4R), and Maya Power Amp (280W//4R), the Paris head amp, and the VSonics. These are all unbelievable products delivering true high end sound quality at very reasonable prices (although the rise and rise of the AUD is problem for stateside customers at present).

So, aside from reminding the buying public that these are superior, mature products, I can only commend you to them!

Thanks for the post,

Cheers,

Hugh


Hmm
m - are you sure that a absolutely nothing revealed policy is the right way to go?

I mean - wetting buyers' appetites can be a good thing when done right, so perhaps it is more a question of what you disclose and keeping timelines to yourself, until you are absolutely sure they will come true

Just my 2 cs worth

Cheers,

Jens

AKSA 1st May 2011 02:13 PM

Jens,

I have thought about this very carefully. When buyers appetites are whetted, it's true, they often signal their intent to buy, BUT ONLY WHEN READY FOR SALE!

In the interim, nothing is sold, and cash flow is stopped dead. People will wait for what they perceive is the very latest thing..... it's only human!

Jens, could I ask how your NAKSA70 is coming along? Do you think the sound is a palpable improvement over your previous Lifeforce amps?

Hugh

Jens A. 2nd May 2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKSA (Post 2557711)
Jens,

I have thought about this very carefully. When buyers appetites are whetted, it's true, they often signal their intent to buy, BUT ONLY WHEN READY FOR SALE!

In the interim, nothing is sold, and cash flow is stopped dead. People will wait for what they perceive is the very latest thing..... it's only human!

Jens, could I ask how your NAKSA70 is coming along? Do you think the sound is a palpable improvement over your previous Lifeforce amps?

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

As I said - it may be a question of timing ;)

My NAKSA70 is playing beautifully in my new house, which has a 40 square metre sitting/listening room.

It is definitely a huge step up from the LF55, which - IMHO - is still a very good amp. However, the NAKSA70 stands out especially in detail, decay, spatiality and creates a fantastic sound image. Mind you, I am only using the N70 for the treble/mid section of my Equilibrium speaker system.

Unfortunately, with my move to the new house, a lot of tasks have cropped up that take priority over my audio system, so I have to put off introducing the four NAKSA100 modules that I intend to use for the bass sections (also four) of my system for a while. However, they are safely packed away in their boxes - patiently waiting to be put into action. Now that will be an interesting day when I fire those four babies up as well, and I believe it will pull the entire system in the direction that the N70 is already showing! :D

The sky is the limit :p

Cheers,

Jens

AKSA 8th May 2011 10:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Folks,

I now have a good supply of NAKSA 70 cases, photograph attached. These cases feature:

1. 3mm Al monocoque construction, with 2mm steel top
2. M3 nutserts for attaching rubber feet and the top cover
3. Pre-drilled with precision to suit the NAKSA 70 pcb
4. High thermal capacity case with 2340 square cms area (single sided) used for all heatsinking
5. Cutouts for standard IEC power entry module and 2 x 20A DPST switch
6. All holes for RCA and standard 3/4" spacing speaker binding posts drilled
7. Hammertone satin black high temp powder coated
8. 320Wx250Dx65H - compact dimensionally for greater WAF
9. Extremely easy to work on, no cutting, drilling or fitting required
10. LED hole in front panel pre-drilled

I commend you to this premium quality enclosure which is custom designed for the NAKSA 70. I think it does the novel NAKSA proud!! And if you wish, you can add a level control and source selector - plenty of room - to turn the NAKSA 70 into an integrated amplifier!

I will shortly have a case for the NAKSA 100 as well, once again, custom designed. It will be in steel, with space for large internal heatsinks.

Cost is $AUD145, plus accessories when required (binding posts, IEC power entry, 20A double pole toggle switch - email me if you want prices).

Cheers,

Hugh

ray bronk 11th July 2011 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKSA (Post 2565186)
Folks,

I now have a good supply of NAKSA 70 cases, photograph attached. These cases feature:

1. 3mm Al monocoque construction, with 2mm steel top
2. M3 nutserts for attaching rubber feet and the top cover
3. Pre-drilled with precision to suit the NAKSA 70 pcb
4. High thermal capacity case with 2340 square cms area (single sided) used for all heatsinking
5. Cutouts for standard IEC power entry module and 2 x 20A DPST switch
6. All holes for RCA and standard 3/4" spacing speaker binding posts drilled
7. Hammertone satin black high temp powder coated
8. 320Wx250Dx65H - compact dimensionally for greater WAF
9. Extremely easy to work on, no cutting, drilling or fitting required
10. LED hole in front panel pre-drilled

I commend you to this premium quality enclosure which is custom designed for the NAKSA 70. I think it does the novel NAKSA proud!! And if you wish, you can add a level control and source selector - plenty of room - to turn the NAKSA 70 into an integrated amplifier!

I will shortly have a case for the NAKSA 100 as well, once again, custom designed. It will be in steel, with space for large internal heatsinks.

Cost is $AUD145, plus accessories when required (binding posts, IEC power entry, 20A double pole toggle switch - email me if you want prices).

Cheers,

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

Well, miss you on AC, but I do understand why you are here. I do wish you much success.

So what are the sizes for the n70 and possible n100 cases, ... inches please? Let me rephrase this for the n100, what's a general size case, HxWxD to use for this amp? Thanks.

Ray Bronk

AKSA 11th July 2011 11:35 AM

Thanks Ray, nice to see you here too!

N70 320Wx250Dx65H that is, 12.6"Wx9.85"Dx2.56"H

N100 385Wx320Dx85H that is, 15.16"Wx12.6"Dx3.35"H

This is based on 1 inch being 25.4mm, of course.

The N70 case is made from 3mm tightly folded aluminium, also serving as heatsink, while the N100 case is made from 2mm folded steel, to which are added two 300mmx75mm heatsinks of 0.42C/W each.

Hope this explains it clearly.....

Hugh

ray bronk 11th July 2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKSA (Post 2635528)
Thanks Ray, nice to see you here too!

N70 320Wx250Dx65H that is, 12.6"Wx9.85"Dx2.56"H

N100 385Wx320Dx85H that is, 15.16"Wx12.6"Dx3.35"H

This is based on 1 inch being 25.4mm, of course.

The N70 case is made from 3mm tightly folded aluminium, also serving as heatsink, while the N100 case is made from 2mm folded steel, to which are added two 300mmx75mm heatsinks of 0.42C/W each.

Hope this explains it clearly.....

Hugh

Hi hugh,

Yep, that clears that up.

Ok, so when you have the n100 cases all firmed up, then what would be a ballpark figure for case and N100? I presume I'd have to supply my own Transformer, no issue there, and I do understand that one. not! looking for an exact figure because you probably don't have one yet, but just an idea of total cost. i don't know where the dollar sits at the moment compared to the money from Australia.

By the way, is your tube preamp kit still available? I know it's been somethime now tsince it's really been out there in the main scene, hence my question. Yeah, I know wrong thread for that one.

Ray Bronk

AKSA 14th July 2011 11:55 AM

Hi Ray,

Case for the N100 is $160, modules are $1420, assembly is $180, and optional binding posts, IEC, switch, etc is another $52. That's $1812, quite an overture, but it eats most things for breakfast. You would then need a 400-500VA trafo with two 35Vac secondaries, but mounting it up at that point would be a one hour exercise, no more as I do all the wiring to there.

The website has all this information now, figures quoted are AUD, which is worth about 107 cents US at present (thanks Jimbo, my mistake!).

Tube preamp, I guess I could put a kit together for you..... they are $1230 for the kit.

Sorry for delayed reply and thanks for the well wishes!

Cheers,

Hugh


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:43 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2