Naksa - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > AKSA

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 2nd November 2010, 06:34 PM   #51
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

That's quite the picture Hugh - not much compression ratio there
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 2nd November 2010, 07:04 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
the signal and phase relationships are restored as the sound passes through air to your ears.
How?
Old 3rd November 2010, 04:27 AM   #53
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor smith View Post
How?
Prof: Are you disagreeing or just needing to understand the physics?
A short answer is just that; short. I guess a good educator could squeeze the basics into a post but the place to ask such a question is in a science forum, Google search, Wikipedia or read audio theory threads in forums you are most comfortable with.

If you are a serious learner, however, there is no substitute for textbooks. It starts with popular, economical works by Randy Slone on electronics and Vance Dickason on Speakers and numerous other titles aimed at hobby or educational levels. In the UK there a number of authors, like the late J.L Hood who wrote several electronics titles and many on forum will be keen to recommend others.Yep, I even read books like "Electronics for Dummies"! (OK, don't laugh. It was free! )

Look about. Amazon UK lists many titles in cheap, used copies and new, delivered to your door. E books are, of course, popular with constant readers and excellent for different languages to the publication. Whatever the choice, make it!
Old 3rd November 2010, 04:38 AM   #54
Banned

You said the phase relationship is restored. I am asking for your explanation of that. Incidentally i do disagree, but thats irrelevant.

Kenji,

This is a mischievous post. If you have truck with Ian's post, please take this off the forum and into PMs.

I am not impressed by individuals who seek to embarass others here in the Aspen forum, and yes, your disagreement is irrelevant but by saying so you merely draw attention to your wish for a stoush. You have a personal obligation to your curiousity to seek information from texts and various other credible sources, and no one here or elsewhere has any charter to do the hard yards for you.

Hugh

Last edited by AKSA; 3rd November 2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 3rd November 2010, 08:42 AM   #55
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor smith View Post
You said the phase relationship is restored. I am asking for your explanation of that.
Prof:Thanks for the continued interest but as I hinted, this aint the place. AC theory alone requires visual aids which I don't have. If you have confidence in written details, then PMs are appropriate. I won't deny you entirely, but I have hogged enough of Hugh's NAKSA forum already and unless others also wish it, I leave it for someone more accustomed to explanation.

Last edited by Ian Finch; 3rd November 2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 3rd November 2010, 10:00 AM   #56
diyAudio Member

For people who are really interested in the NAKSA itself :
Aspen Amplifiers
Old 14th February 2012, 10:30 AM   #57
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default NAKSA 70

Folks,

Thought I'd restore this old thread to continue discussing the NAKSA 70.

Today I finished one for a UK customer, and took a rather good picture just prior to installation in the enclosure.

Cheers,

Hugh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SHulbert2.jpg (183.1 KB, 166 views)

Last edited by AKSA; 14th February 2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 14th February 2012, 12:42 PM   #58
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

Looks great !

would look even better if it were in my chasis
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.

Hide this!Advertise here!