• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Aspen HAKSA Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
At this stage I'm wondering what to do next. The complexity of this project has made it a huge commitment - the very reason it appeals I guess - but the pcb design would consume approximately 100 hours, something I have to absorb. Nico, the layout wizard, has fallen on difficult times with a major house fire, and I'm reluctant to ask him at this point. We shall see.

However, all the circuits are there, linked from page one, and it's viable if you lay it out yourself, tagstrips are fine.

Apologies, difficult times.

Cheers,

Hugh

Hi Gaetan,

Thanks for your post.

I have been somewhat overtaken by events, and so has Nico. I will temporarily postpone further progress until I can again approach Nico for help with the pcb design. He has suffered a personal setback, so I will not bother him for some time.

Thanks all for your patience, and sorry for the lacklustre recent weeks,

Hugh

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Nothing new yet......Hugh
Hmmm...much later and Nico is out and about elsewhere. Hopefully well and recovering from the disaster.

It seems a shame to leave this project on ice and interest dwindling to nothing. From the general description, circuits, concepts and project constraints, it also appears to be an ideal DIY project for everyone. I have a rare confidence about this one, probably because it seems to be the basic way I'd go about it and it would meet my needs perhaps even as a preamp.

Whatever, guys, I'm sure Hugh is a bit disappointed considering his time, thoughts and guidance so far on what would be a loss for him, as explained. Perhaps it's time for another to attempt the PCB design. Please add your thoughts if not offers of PCB skills.:D

Ian,

This started as a very simple headphone amp.

Then the add-ons began. 24R, 300R, 2K, electrostatic, variants. Spatial control. Tone controls, with defeat. The power supply became ever more complex. Before too long I realised it actually was a bigger project than a power amp; it had begun as my contribution to the forum, but was now a substantial project consuming a lot of time and effort.

At this point Nico suffered a domestic fire which really held him back, and as the designer of the pcb this was a blow to the project. Some major unpleasantness on the forum ensued in the SS forum, my business obligations ramped up, and I dropped the project.

If only life were more simple...... these days, with the continuing GFC, I find I still don't have time.

Hugh

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Well, the choice is down to restart or forget it. Gareth's idea of reposting in the Line-level analog Forum is one good way to avoid a rekindling of issues which led to this impasse.

Yes, I imagine it's not a simple issue but a second PCB is not an insult to other's efforts where nothing exists so let's get on with it and have expressions of drafting interest. If you are simply still too busy to get involved, Hugh, your full circuit or assembly of the posted fragments and mounting, connector placements needs to be available to any PCB artist needing a schematic. Say, Greg Erskine! What are you doing over the next few days?

Perhaps it should be retitled to avoid associations that might not be agreeable. This is up to others, I guess but as always; no smoke - no fire!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.