• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New Product Development (Upgrade Kit type stuff)

Would you like to have neat/simple upgrade kit for commerical audio products?

• Yes, I'd like to have kit to upgrade my ????? machine (please post brand/model preference below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, maybe not, but I prefer to solder components on top of existing parts.

• Nah, I build everything myself.

• Nah, I replace whole machines, I don't upgrade.

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wondering what's everyone's preference is here. We are currently thinking about producing upgrade boards, power supplies and other upgrade kit for commercially available products.

The type of kit we are thinking about is more of a pre-assembled board allows user to easily upgrade their machines. One thing we plan to set our kits apart is that our kits will not involve messy cables that users have to cut/strip/solder one by one. There might be soldering involved, but if it does, it will be done in a neat/tidy/reliable manner. We hope to develop something that would be as neat and clean as original OEM, but provide significant performance improvement.

At the moment, we are thinking about designing upgrade kits for Blu-Ray/DVD/CD players, does anyone here have suggestions on which brand/model that they would like to have upgrade kits for?

Please post your comment as well as voting on the poll.

Thanks

David

At the moment, we are thinking about designing upgrade kits for Blu-Ray/DVD/CD players, does anyone here have suggestions on which brand/model that they would like to have upgrade kits for?
David, look on mediaplayers. Many of them need good power and clock upgrade.

Take a look on Dune production. Max, Duo have internal power supplies and Smart have external - people claim that they have significant improvements after power supply upgrades.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.