New Product Development (Upgrade Kit type stuff) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Acoustic Fun

Acoustic Fun DACs, Amps, Cables, Parts and everything else at Acoustic Fun!

View Poll Results: Would you like to have neat/simple upgrade kit for commerical audio products?
Yes, I'd like to have kit to upgrade my ????? machine (please post brand/model preference below) 0 0%
Yes, I'd like to get whatever machine if there's a neat upgrade kit available for it. 2 100.00%
Maybe, maybe not, but I prefer to solder components on top of existing parts. 0 0%
Nah, I build everything myself. 0 0%
Nah, I replace whole machines, I don't upgrade. 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6th February 2011, 10:43 AM   #1
Maniac is offline Maniac  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Maniac
Default New Product Development (Upgrade Kit type stuff)

Just wondering what's everyone's preference is here. We are currently thinking about producing upgrade boards, power supplies and other upgrade kit for commercially available products.

The type of kit we are thinking about is more of a pre-assembled board allows user to easily upgrade their machines. One thing we plan to set our kits apart is that our kits will not involve messy cables that users have to cut/strip/solder one by one. There might be soldering involved, but if it does, it will be done in a neat/tidy/reliable manner. We hope to develop something that would be as neat and clean as original OEM, but provide significant performance improvement.

At the moment, we are thinking about designing upgrade kits for Blu-Ray/DVD/CD players, does anyone here have suggestions on which brand/model that they would like to have upgrade kits for?

Please post your comment as well as voting on the poll.

Thanks

David
Old 28th March 2011, 04:49 PM   #2
dondiba is offline dondiba  France
diyAudio Member

hi
i wish to find an easy dac kit
maybe already available...
thanks
dondiba
Old 28th March 2011, 06:32 PM   #3
Maniac is offline Maniac  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Maniac
Hello,

Our plan is to have kits with pre-assembled board for installing into user's unit, we don't plan on providing unassembled board with parts to user, because having the board assembled would usually take less time than having someone to pack all the loose parts into labeled bags.

Thanks

David
Old 9th July 2011, 04:46 AM   #4
paba is offline paba  Canada
diyAudio Member

Sony has some low cost blu-ray players that also play SACD... should be good platform for upgrades.... bypass the output stage, better clock, damping material on the transport, etc..
Old 9th July 2011, 04:23 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I'd like upgrade kits for the economical semi-pro Behringer brand audio equipment.
Old 11th July 2011, 03:01 PM   #6
paba is offline paba  Canada
diyAudio Member

Oh another good platform might be the Audio Technica low cost turntable (model 120)....
Old 30th September 2012, 05:09 PM   #7
xjr100 is offline xjr100  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
At the moment, we are thinking about designing upgrade kits for Blu-Ray/DVD/CD players, does anyone here have suggestions on which brand/model that they would like to have upgrade kits for?
David, look on mediaplayers. Many of them need good power and clock upgrade.

Take a look on Dune production. Max, Duo have internal power supplies and Smart have external - people claim that they have significant improvements after power supply upgrades.

Hide this!Advertise here!