diyAudio - View Single Post - System Pictures & Description
View Single Post
Old 26th November 2003, 06:58 AM   #16
wintermute is offline wintermute  Australia
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by JOE DIRTŪ
show off`s ...LOL....I had a clock radio 20 years ago
Me too but I hacked mine and ran a lead out and hooked it up to a 12" two way (mono) I found at the dump. The cone on the 12" I had to patch together with bits of tissue paper and watered down PVA glue...... Them were the days

Here is a picture of one of my current 3ways. Don't laugh!!!! It sounds a bit better than it looks, although anyone out there with some idea of box construction will probably cringe! I hate to think about the diffraction effects of the recessed baffle. All I can say is I plead not guilty to the original box. The baffles, ports, speakers and xovers (pre made) are my doing but not the box!

About the only thing I'd say the original design had that was maybe even slightly on the right track is that the dimentions are golden ratio The chip board is somewhat swolen due to beer spills!!! (Oh and there is no internal bracing apart from in the corners, so they tend to resonate a bit at certain freqs if turned up

Current system:

Two of shown boxes
Marantz DV18 MK II
Playmaster series 200 amp with mods
Loewe Xelos 5381 ZW 81CM
Panasonic NV-F65 HQ HIFI VCR (they don't make em like that anymore)
Rotel RT-940AX Tuner (very ordinary really)
AKAI GX-32 tape deck

planning on making some MTM's using Morel MW-144's and DMS-37's and some new cabinets for the Vifa 10"s. (If I can ever get of my behind and order the drivers).....

Regards,

Tony.

EDIT: Oh and I intend to finish the new speakers with a nice blackwood veneer

EDIT 2: Why do I always seem to end up on a new page???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speaker.jpg (49.4 KB, 34856 views)