diyAudio - View Single Post - GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs
View Single Post
Old 27th August 2009, 06:23 PM   #512
Salas is online now Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Default Just because there are Elves

La Ode and I, we could not accept the fact that people's GB suffered.

So we silently cooperated and here they are!

Brand new boards, basic or fully 6 input relay switched, both with delay circuits, accepting 5V or 12V relays by the simple use of a couple of resistors or a jumper.

Both boards are single copper layer, hence they can be even more economic to make. I have the .brd Eagle format files (widely accepted by PCB makers).

Calling Ryssen et all to have a second look for mistakes, and if still interested, I will only send the .brd and schematic Eagle files to the new GB managers. You can then check with PCB makers if all is well and get quotes so to restart the GB.

CRT has done this for absolutely no personal gain, he even has DC B1 with shunts already as you know. It wasn't easy, we had to cooperate a lot. The guy is super. I congratulate him.

The only thing I want to suggest if the GB is resurrected, is to do the decent thing and the GB make for him a couple of free boards as a souvenir and a thanks.

He named the basic board ''HYPNOTIZE'' and the fully featured board ''MEZMERIZE'' inspired by his favorite band S.O.A.D

People, this is about as good as a simple solid state buffer can get. Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Hypnotize.gif (66.4 KB, 892 views)
File Type: gif Mezmerize.gif (51.5 KB, 864 views)