I'd like to use this transformer as piezo stepup - which leads to use for the "8 ohm" primary?

PS.
I found during experimentation that to add significant "AIR" to the sound, a 680uH coil in series with a terminal of
every piezo driver is very effective. The drivers capacitance and the coil create a resonant circuit.
The amount of "air" can be tailored with a resistor :)

Reactions: 1 user
I am curious to know at what frequency the impedance figures are taken?
Cheers :)
I don't know. They are the values from the EV/University Sound spec sheet. Midband with an 8 ohm resisitive load seems like a reasonable guess. If you go to the frequency extremes the transformer limitations start influencing things more, so I would think they'd stay way from there when creating a general specification.

are the Goldwood piezo the best these days? - How about those 88 cent 1005 at Partsexpress?Here's ten Goldwood 1005 I measured a few years back:

1715693593992.gif

?

Reactions: 1 user
Because the capacitance of a Piezo element measures as a 'Lossy Capacitor' the actual L/C resonance Q
is not actually "unbearable". Resistance in parallel with the coil is actually better for 'taming' than series DCR.

One of these per piezo terminal (so they're not close together) will add significant 'brightness & sparkle'.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1650141...Cawvgqi8R7DFUBIX2xxXVCsA==|tkp:Bk9SR_LJy6PvYw